Chapter 13 - Back to school

Lucy POV

I headed upstairs and got read for bed. I decided to pull down my moms box. I was feeling better after Natsu and Levy visited. That was so sweet of them to check up on me.

Since I was feeling better I decided to look at some of my mom's old stuff. It was another thing that helped me feel close to her. I felt like I could do it without crying this time. I pulled open the lid and just stared at the contents on the inside. I was doing well so far. Hadn't started crying yet. I reached in and pulled out the old photo book. I flipped through the pages and that not crying thing didn't last for very long. Tears started to stream down my face the more I saw pictures of her. The ones that really got me was the ones with me and her.

I removed my glasses and wiped my tears but they kept coming. I set the glasses down to the side of me and moved my position and now was leaning against the bed and my legs were up with the book resting on them.

As I was flipping through the pages I heard a knock on my front door. I grabbed my glasses and looked at the time on my dresser. 9:00 pm?? Who was here so late. I set the book down and wiped my tears once more as I headed down stairs. Once in front of the door I looked down at myself. I was slightly embarrassed I was answering the door im my pjs and had just been crying. I reached out hesitantly and finally grabbed the door handling. Opening the door I was shocked to see the last person I was expecting.

"Natsu?" Was all I could get out before suddenly he was walking towards me and then pulled me into a hug. My face immediately went as red as a tomato and I was so shocked and embarrassed I didn't even put my arms around him. I just stood there like a dumbass. Then I heard Natsu whisper something.

"Lucy I am sorry to hear about your mom. If I had remembered I would have come over a lot sooner."

He then held me tighter and that's when I reached up and held him back. I dug my face into his shoulder, needing that human comfort right now. Even though it was from Natsu Dragneel himself. I wouldn't let myself cry though. I would be far too embarrassed to let myself cry. The fact I was hugging Natsu like this was embarrassing enough as it was.

We hugged for a little before we pulled away. I smiled sadly and him, my face still slightly pink. "Thank you Natsu." I said softly. "Would you like to come inside?"

He smiled so brightly at me. "Of course I would!"

I moved to the side and opened the door more so the boy could come inside. Once inside I decided to start heading up to my room and he followed me. I have no idea why I decided we could hang out in my room but for some reason it felt better than us awkwardly hanging out in the living room. Especially after he had just comforted me and hugged me so tight.

Once in my room I walked over to my bed and leaned against it. I was a little shy and embarrassed Natsu was once again in my bedroom. He looked around like he did the first time. Taking everything about my room in. I was quiet as he did this.

He then notices the box on the floor in the middle of the room and starts to walk towards it. I remove my position in front of my bed and join him where the box is. I sit down once we make it to the box. He sits next to me.

"Is this your mother's stuff?"

"....yea...." I look down and start to put the things back inside the box.

"My mom was the one to remind me what yesterday was. I bet you miss her a lot."

Those words hit me like bricks. Two years ago from yesterday my mother had passed away in that hospital bed. I couldn't stop the stray tear that leaked out of my eye.

What made me realize that it did was when I felt a warm finger on my check wiping the tear away. I looked up to see it was Natsu's finger. He looked at me concerned and then he smiled a comforting smile. My heart began pounding in my chest and flushed so badly I knew he noticed.