¤10¤

Kyle

I feel extremely bad for lying to Danielle, I mean, the team is going on a road trip to Vegas, but it isn't three days, it's only two days.

Today, I'm driving all the way to San Diego, and I'm meeting up with Hannah so I can at least see my child once.

I know, I should've told Danielle where I was going, but she would not have let me come, so I didn't tell her.

Yes, if she finds out about this it'll look bad, but that's okay cause I know I didn't do anything wrong.

I walk up to Hannah's front door and I ring the doorbell.

A girl who is extremely skiny with long and wavy brown hair answers the door.

"Oh thank God you came!" She says.

She lets me inside of the house.

I still have no idea who she is.

"Hannah, right?" I asked.

"Yes, Kyle." She looks at me rolling her eyes.

"So, where's my daughter at?" I asked Hannah.

She is definitely a girl I knew in high school.

I used to like mexican girls, now I like black girls.

"Chloe is in her room, she's been happy to finally meet you!"

I follow Hannah to a kids room and I see a little girl playing with toys on the floor.

"Chloe," Hannah says.

Chloe turns her attention towards her mom and then she looks at me and she gasp.

She runs over to me and she hugs my legs.

"Hey!" I chuckle.

I pick Chloe up so I can get a better look at her.

She doesn't look like me at all.

As promised, I take Chloe to Chuck E Cheese.

_____

After I spend the afternoon with Chloe I pull Hannah to the side to talk to her privately.

"Do you have any proof that Chloe is my daughter?" I asked Hannah.

She looks at me with a worried look. "I was afraid you'd ask that..." Hannah looks down. "I just know she's your child."

I swear if this bitc- I can't call her a bitch, my momma raised me better than that.

"I didn't ask you for your opinion, I need a DNA test," I lower my voice so Chloe can't hear us talking. "She looks nothing like me!"

Hannah looks down and she nods her head. "I understand."

I say goodbye to Chloe one more time before walking out the door.

I walk to my car and I shake my head.

"That ain't my child!" I say to myself as I start to pull out of the driveway.

My phone buzzes signaling I have a new message.

I put my car in park and I look at my phone, I see a message from Danielle.

Wifey💍👀❤: Why the fuck are you in San Diego, nigga?

Before I can even type a message back to Danielle, another message comes in.

Wifey 💍👀❤: Facetime me. 😠

Once again, before I can reply Danielle is requesting to Facetime with me.

I answer the call and I see Danielle's face appear on my screen.

She looks furious.

"Baby," I smile at her.

"Don't baby me nigga, why are you in San Diego, what happened to Vegas?" Danielle asked.

I gotta choose my next words carefully.

"Um, I-"

"-Actually, I called Lonzo and he said the teams trip to Vegas is tomorrow." Danielle says.

I stay silent.

"You've gotten caught up in two lies Kyle." Danielle's eyes become watery, and I look away from the screen.

"Please don't start crying!" I say to her.

"I'm not gonna cry over a cheating nigga like you!" With that Danielle hangs up the phone.