¤13¤

Kyle

It's been two weeks since the accident and Danielle still hasn't waken up yet.

I have been visiting her every day since the accident, but sometimes I have to leave early.

Even if she may not be able to hear me, I still talk to her.

I tell her about my basketball games, how the kids are, and I tell her about my day.

I tell her how whenever Aniyah asked for her it breaks my heart because she looks so sad and confused.

I also apologize to her multiple times.

I tell her how I miss her at home and how Aniyah and Cameron keep on looking for her.

_____

I'm currently at home with Lonzo, Melo, and Gelo. Gelo has Aniyah and he is playing with her.

Melo has Cameron and he is trying to teach him how to play patty cake.

I sit there staring off into space and I just think.

I think about Danielle and how there is a chance that she could never wake up, I think about how this is all my fault. 

If I had never went to go see Hannah and Chloe, Danielle would be here with me, my baby would be here.

Danielle would have been at home safe and sound, with her kids, but she's not.

My eyes begin to sting and tears begin to form in my eyes.

I faintly hear someone say my name, but I ignore them.

I blink a few times, trying to fight back my tears.

"Daddy," Aniyah hits my face.

I put on a fake smile for her. "Yes baby girl?"

"Where is mama?" She asked.

"Huh?" I reply taken aback.

"Mama?" Aniyah says.

"Mama?" I say under my breathe.

I feel them coming again, my tears.

"Mama?" I barley say.

I swallow because my throat is dry and I lick my lips.

"Mama, she's...she's-" I can't speak.

My breathing quickens and I tap my finger on my chair.

"Kyle?" LiAngelo says.

I look up at him.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

I take in a deep shaky breathe and I reply. "I'm fine, I just need some fresh air!"

I get up and I walk outside to the backyard.

I sit at the edge of my pool and A few tears slip down my cheek and into the pool.

What is she doesn't wake up?

I would be responsible for her death.

I'm so stupid. Why didn't I just tell her I was going to go to see my daughter, who by the way isn't even my daughter, Hannah lied.

I caused all of this just for someone who isn't even going to be in my life anymore.

Once that first tear broke free, its like someone broke a dam that was holding my tears back.

I begin to sob uncontrollably.

I need my wife back.

If she doesn't wake up, I don't know what I'm going to do.

I hear the sliding door open and then it closes again.

"Are you-" I hear Lonzo say.

I cut him off.

"No, I'm not okay!" I shout in between sobs, "This is all my fault!"

"That's not true!"

"Yes it is! I should've told her the truth!" I cry even more, "I just- I couldn't...she- we. I just-I didn't know how to- how to-"

I can't speak right now, there's too much going through my head.

"-It's fine, Kyle. Danielle wouldn't want you to be all upset about this. She would just want you to keep on praying for her, she'd want you to trust in God. Until the doctor tells you she's gone, she wouldn't want you to cry." Lonzo says, he looks up at me and he smiles "Hey, she's gonna be fine, she's a very strong girl!"

I wipe my tears off my face, "I never cry!"

"You're a fucking liar. You cried on your wedding day, when you were born, and right now!" Lonzo states.

I laugh at him, "Man, shut up!"

If Danielle doesn't wake up, I will always live with regret because her death would be because of me.

_____

Y'all I'm sorry. This chapter makes me tear up! 😭😭