56: The Argument Part Two

"...You're both probably right in your own ways. But I'm too confused right now to figured it out." Aang sat down, frustrated.

"And what was all that crazy stuff about setting Appa free? What a liar!"

"Ain't a lie. I was there." You rolled your eyes at her.

"Like I would believe you." Katara scoffed.

"What? You wanna go? I ain't scared of you. I can listen to ya talk shit 'bout people all day 'cause you so righteous 'cause you on da 'right side' even though it ain't black and white, but you ain't gonna tell me what I know." You walked up to her and towered over her. You had three years and a better bending ability on her. She shouldn't threaten you. She couldn't threaten you. And she certainly couldn't scare you.

"Back off of my sister." Sokka walked up to you and got in your face as well.

For a moment, both of you locked eyes and the lightning sparked between you.

"Actually, I can also tell you that he wasn't lying." Toph piped up.

You rolled your eyes again and sat back down.

"Thanks, Toph, great timin'." You scoffed.

"You're welcome!" She smiled.

"Oh yay!" Sokka threw up sarcastic sparkle fingers. " In a lifetime of evil, at least he didn't add animal cruelty to the list."

"Not a lifetime of evil. He done got kicked out at fourteen. And before that, he was probably a relatively normal kid. 'Til his mom was probably possibly murdered in his stead or whatever" You looked at your nails nonchalantly.

"Woah, woah, woah, you can't just keep dropping that stuff on us. It's not just going to make us like him!" Aang held his hands up. "It's just confusing me more! It's like I shouldn't know that stuff. He should tell me himself."

"From the sounds of it and from what I'm just saying, considering his messed-up family and how he was raised, he could have turned out a lot worse." Toph added.

"Plus, you wanna fuck 'im, amiright, Toph?" You laughed loudly as Toph turned red.

"Shut up, I'm only twelve!" She yelled back.

"You're both right! Let's go find him and give him a medal. The 'not as much of a jerk as you could have been' award!" Katara sneered.

"Nah, I'd rather give him the best fuck award, if you know what I mean." You snickered, losing your ability to take this conversation seriously. You were going to go find him soon, you decided.

"Can you just shut up?" Katara looked at you. "You're disgusting. Honestly."

"I'm sure you and Aang will find out what I mean soon enou--"

"--All I know is that while he was talking to us, he was sincere. Maybe you're all just letting your hurt feelings keep you from thinking clearly." Toph interrupted.

"Easy for you to say! You weren't there when he had us attacked by pirates!" Katara interrupted her.

"Or when he burned down Kyoshi Island!" Sokka added to her.

"Or when he tried to capture me at the Fire Temple!" Aang added to him.

"Why would you even try to defend him?" Katara shook her head, disappointed as you stood up.

"Because Katara, you're all ignoring one crucial fact," She stood up and poked Aang in the chest. "Aang needs a firebending teacher! We can't think of a single person in the world to do the job! Now one shows up on a silver platter, and you won't even think about it?"

"I'll go talk to him." You muttered as you turned around to leave. In the distance, you heard them continue to argue. "And... maybe do some other things."

"I'm not having Zuko as my teacher!" That would be Aang, of course.

"You're darn right you're not, buddy." Sokka.

"Well, I guess that settles that." Katara, being self-righteous.

"Ergh! I'm beginning to wonder who's really the blind one around here!" Toph, with the comic relief.