The Gods Realize Their True Stupidity (But Not Really)

Percy Jackson hit the pavement.

The cracked streets of Olympus hit him so hard that a headache suprred on almost immediately. He blacked out and becore he knew it, he was dreaming. Percy took a minute to calm down. He was immortal now. No longer a demi-god. Just a... God-god. His dreams weren't messages anymore.

He thought.

What Percy saw was streams of blue. Like the ocean. He realized this was just like his first trip to Camp Half Blood. After he defeated the minotaur, he had a dream just like this. But this time, Annabeth wasnt there to make fun of him.

Thinking about Annabeth and Camp Half Blood made Percy even sadder. Would he be allowed back at camp? Would Annabeth ever forgive him? Would Athena even let him talk to her again? He wanted to start crying again, even had to choke back a few tears, but he was done crying. He couldnt show weakness any more. He was a the Son of....

He stopped his familiar mantra

He was a god.

Percy replayed his dream from his first night at Camp Half Blood. Everything exactly the same as that day. He even felt the terror of losing his mom again, even though he knew she was safe with Paul. Oh, gods. His mom and Paul. How would he ever explain this to them.

Percy woke up to blinding lights, and his father staring down at him, his beard having been returned to normal color and his face the same age it had been the first time they met. Percy no longer regarded this man with the caution he had before. They were peers now. Equals. Well, more or less.

"Father." Percy said. No emotion. No question. Just a flat statement as he sat up, a ringing in his ears.

"Perseu- Percy." Poseidon said, cupping Percy's cheek with his hand. "You were sleeping for a week, son. The ambrosia took its's toll on your half mortal body. Despite your supposed immortality, well... You almost died. Oh, what have we done?" Poseidon looked genuinely worried.

A week? Percy had slept a week? And he had almost died from the ambrosia. That stupid stupid gift. The stupid ambrosia. His stupid family. His uncle, his Father, Ares, Athena- though, less Athena-, Aphrodite. All of them. All of his godly family. He was furious with them.

"I want it gone." Percy almost yelled at his father. He knew it wasnt his fault, but he was mad. He had lost his friends and mortal family in a matter of minutes.

Percy's father turned to Zeus. "Brother, please. Look what it has done to him. His mortal body cannot handle such strain." He pleaded with his brother. But Zeus just shook his head.

"The same happened to Dionysus-" Zeus replied, but was cut off by Poseidon.

"Dionysus was grown in your body. He had more strength in him. Please brother, he is but a mortal in body and soul. Take this burden."

"Gee, thanks." Percy muttered under his breath.

Zeus continued his refusals. "I shant. I wont. This is a gift of highest quality. It will not be taken back unless it must."

Percy sat, shaking his head. He shed a single tear, stood, and walked out the doors of Olympus, down the cracked streets, and to the still mostly broken elevator. He stepped in and rode the 600 floors to the mortal world.

When he finally reached the lobby, he saw his mother. She was in the same clothes from a week ago. She handnt left the building. Percy walked over to her a gently shook her awake.

"Percy!" His mother hugged him tight as she awoke. "Y-your father, he said you fainted, something happened, what- why?" His mother pulled him into another hug. When she let go, she took a good look at Percy.

She let go of his shoulders, and stumbled backward.

"What....What did they do to you?" She asked. She looked afraid. Like she might cry. "Y-youre glowing. Like your father used to. Like youre a g..." A tear ran down his mothers cheek.

"M-mom..." Percy choked back a sob.

His mom stepped away, dropped to her knees, and sobbed. She looked like someone had just stabbed her in the chest. Like she had been betrayed...by her own child.