The Camp Takes The News

The Big House didnt seem so intimidating anymore. Neither did Mr. D. He was just another god, no point in Percy getting all scared or flustered around him. He could do just as much as Mr. D. Or Chiron now. Granted he didnt know how to use his now power, but, that wasnt important.

Sitting in the meeting room of Camp Half Blood, around the ping pong tables, Percy felt at ease. Until the door opened and in walked a mess of blonde curls.

Annabeth looked like she'd been crying. And not just crying in the last few minutes. Her eyes looked like they would be puffy forever, and the dried salt tears that stained her face looked permanent. The spaces under her eyes were a dark purple, like she hadnt slept for a month. Percy couldn't stop staring. Had he done that?

Of course he had! He lov- liked Annabeth so much, and he put her through this. He made her experience this pain.

Annabeth walked straight over to him. He was about to apologize again, or hug her, or...something! He opened his mouth, but it was promptly shut by a hand to the cheek. For the third time today. Percy stared at her, somewhat in awe. Other than Rachel, she was the only one who knew his new title. And she still hit him.

Percy sighed dreamily as she walked away. She was the best dam girl he'd ever met.

She sat as far away from him as possible, which wasnt very far considering the small ping pong tables. Percy could see all the muscles in her body tensing, like she was resisting a strong urge to act. Maybe she wanted to slap him again.

Even with her tear stained face, Percy noticed a few unexplained differences in Annabeth's face. She looked stonger, more sure of herself. She walked with an air of power, though Percy had no idea what could have changed about her so suddenly.

In reality, Annabeth wanted to slap, kiss, hug, and judo flip Percy, all at once.

"Children," Chiron started. "We've come together to discuss Percy's new... situation." His old mentor stared at him, somewhat unsure of himself. Percy shifted in his chair under Chirons gaze.

There were only a few people in the room all together. Chiron, Mr. D., Annabeth, Percy, Rachel, Grover, and a few senior counselors. It had been a week, but the camp was still pretty devistated from the war. It was a war for gods sakes.

A few of the people in the room muttered to themselves about not knowing anything.

"Percy, if you would share with us your new...position. And how this came to be, i think that would be very helpful."

Percy nodded and stood nervously. "Yeah..." He recounted his talk with the gods, how they had forced the title on him and his rushed acceptance. He told them all about how his mom freaked out (leaving out the bits about having to leave her behind and going to her apartment).

Once he had finished, an uncomfortable silence settled over the room. Grover was first to make any noise.

"Yeesh..." was all he said.

Percy sat down. He was about to cry again, because he couldnt forget the look on his moms face when she realized he was a god. He couldnt get the picture of Annabeth crying out of his mind. He couldnt erase the sting of all three slaps on his cheek.

Percy decided it was time to end his grand speech. He stood, not moving from his seat and finished his words with

"Look, i didnt want to be a god."

A/N: Were my references too obscure? I liked the ending of this chapter though. I kinda tried to call back to the "look, i didnt wanna he a half blood" theme. Did you pick up on that or was it too subtle? Again, what should i do about Annabeths plotline? I want you guys to help with it. Should i add it to her chapter, add it in the coming chapters or wait a while. OOH. NEW IDEA. Comment if you think Annabeth should have her own book with her plotline because I'd be down to write that! Anyway

Happy reading my beautiful cookies ❤