Godhood in the Works

I would need to be Percy Jackson, Son of Poseidon again. No longer Percy, God of Mischief and Cunning.

Knowing that the girl you love...to be around; is across the country, where you can't reach her because you're a bed-ridden god, sucks. I would know.

According to Jason- who is a Roman it turns out. Can you trust anyone these days?- he and Annabeth were used by Hera to bring the Roman and Greek camps together. I swear, if I wasn't about to be stripped of my godhood, I would've made her next millennia a living Tartarus. However, I am currently...well here.

The door to the throne room of Mount Olympus has never seemed bigger. Maybe that's because I'm lying on the floor, crumpled in a ball due to this being the first time I've been let out of a bed in the past two weeks. Or maybe it's because I'm about to make the second most important decision of my life, right behind becoming a god.

After pulling myself off the floor of the doorway I walk in and find a room full of gods. But not all Greek gods... 

Zeus or... is it Jupiter? I never learned the Roman gods. It was hard enough to remember all the Greek gods with my ADHD. And one of them was my father. Anyway, Jupiter/Zeus was running around chasing Apollo (Apollo stayed the same, right?) and yelling at him. It looked like Artemis...wait, no, Diana (?) was there too, trying to calm Zeus/Jupiter. Hera was nowhere to be seen, and Dionysus, no...Bacchus, that's it (!) was hitting his head against the corner. Not hurting himself, just bonking his head against it.

I walked further into the room, and as I walked by Bacchus I could hear him muttering what sounded like:

"Diet Coke...Pepsi...no, Coke. Pepsi. Coke. Pepsi. Coke. Pepsi." Over and over again, as the can in his hand switched back and forth from one brand to another.

"Uh, hello?" I walked up to Jupiter, who was taking a break from chasing Apollo and Diana to breathe. He was massaging his temples and muttering about his son. I wondered if he had forgotten about Thalia, but then I saw him flicker from Jupiter to Zeus, and he muttered about having a daughter,  not a son, chastising himself for getting it wrong. then he switched back and began fighting with his Greek form about the gender of his kids. Man, I didn't know gods were that dumb.

Yes, I did.

"Zeus!" I shouted, after finally having enough of his switching and fighting with himself. He seemed to snap back to attention, and he stared at me in a daze. His eyes focused finally on my face, and his own face morphed into what seemed to be a mix of disgust, surprise, and disdain.

"Perseus Jackson. God of Mischief and Cunning. What business would you happen to have here?" He asked, clear dislike in his eye. What was his problem?

"Zeus...Jupiter...I don't really care who you are right now, honestly, but I need you to make me a demi-god again. Like...now."

He looked at me like I was a fish flopping on the deck, and he was a person with a fish allergy.  A mixture of sympathy and disgust, like I, could kill him if I flopped the wrong way. And maybe I could. If he wasn't immortal, and I wasn't a god who was bedridden less than three hours ago and is being supported by a cane and my own sheer will.

"I won't. Sorry, but no." He turned his back to me and started muttering about Jason and Thalia again, picking up the conversation with himself right where he had left off. Like I wasn't even there and hadn't even said anything. I felt my face flush and get red.

"Look, your all-powerful Thunder Butt,"I grabbed his shoulder and turned him to look at me, not moving, other than to wobble on my cane. "I am bedridden, about to spontaneously combust, and your jerk of a queen/sister/wife, ew, by the way, stole the only girl I've loved, so you need to change me back now, before I use the last of my godly power to trap you in a never-ending loop of Tarturus, where I'm sure plenty of Titans and monsters would love to get their hands on the King of the Gods, especially, while he's in a vulnerable state, such as your own."

Zeus took a step back. He looked as though I had actually frightened him. I looked around me and saw that I had started a little hurricane, as I often do when I get angered. Not only that but the minions that I received once I became the god of Mischief and Cunning had popped up, ready to cheat anyone around out of their wallets or make an unfair deal with the nearest sucker willing to listen. Yep. That's the rep I got for being an all-mighty god. All I'd ever gotten, all my life, was bad grades and a bum rap, and a bad rep, and a good smack, and no friends, and no hope, and, for a time, no mom. Though, I got her back. And...lost her again once I became a god. Thinking about the look on her face, as I often did, still made me sad.

However, Zeus looked around at the room of dysfunctional gods and took a deep breath.

"Perseus, I will do this, but only if you promise to never ask for it back. I have had many a demigod ask me to take away their gifts, only to ask for them back again."

"Believe me, I will never, ever, want this back," I said, firmly. However, even as I said it, I could feel a small tug in my gut, telling me that, at some point, I may regret no longer being a god.

I left Mt. Olympus, I looked at my feet and could feel the Earth, Gaea, as she stirred. She whispered into my ear.

"Oh, Perseus Jackson. Little hero. You have made the wrong decision. Have fun trying to defeat my children."

I took a deep breath and walked towards a nearby apartment building. There was someone I needed to see. Someone I needed to talk to, now that I was Perseus Jackson. Son of Poseidon.

Cookiessss!!

Get ready for something big you guys. Something big. I mean, maybe you'll hate me for what's to come, but hey. You didn't sign up to have a nice author. Just a good one. Now, prepare yourselves. 

Lovely reading, my cookies ;)