When The First Snowflakes Fell- JILY

Nothing could really describe the bond between the fiery red head and Quidditch fanatic, it was something along the lines of friends who wanted more. Lily, of course, was not ready to admit that she, in fact, liked James. She realised that James wasn't as bad as before and maybe, just maybe, he had changed for the better. I mean, she had been sharing a common room with him for the past couple of months and they had been through some stuff together. I take that back, a lot of stuff. A couple of deaths, a greasy haired ex best friend etcetera, etcetera.

"James hasn't changed, Lily." Remus sighed over a humongous pile of homework. They were in the Heads' common room and there was a lot of extra space as it was only the two. James and Sirius were out on their broomsticks in bloody December and Peter was off being confidential as usual. On the other hand, Lily's friends were all with their special someones. Wink, wink.

"He's not asking me out anymore or being an all round prat, to me, that's a pretty big change." Lily stretched out in her chair. Remus, though she hated to confess, was being stupid. If someone who used to terrorise first years and now helps them, they must've changed a heck of a lot.

"You brought out the side James always was to us lot. Funny, kind, caring, all that mushy stuff. Though I get where you're coming from, he is a lot better when he's not pretending like his head is the size of a fully grown Coillynerb." Lily laughed at this. They were studying Coillynerbs in Care of Magical Creatures and Professor Kettleburn had informed them that when the beasts were fully grown, they would be the size of a teenage Welsh Green. So maybe the size of an elephant if you were to put it in to perspective. Lily heard the portrait door swing open, admitting two raven haired boys in; one with shoulder length locks and one with hair that just not be tamed, both shouldering their brooms.

"Good time?" Lily asked. James' face had paled, but a rosy glow spread across his cheeks, making his hazel eyes stand out like luminous lamps.

"Very. Hey, Lily, would you mind going on a walk across the grounds?" Something was a bit off in James' statement, something that you would never hear in any of James' statements; nervousness. Though it was ever so slight, it was still there. Struggling not to raise an eyebrow, Lily replied,

"Sure?" Oh, Merlin. Lily had made it sound like a question and now James would know that she was suspicious. WHYYYY? This is why Lily has only had one boyfriend. One bloody abusive boyfriend.

"Question or statement?" James raised an eyebrow and gave that famous Potter smirk; the one that made females and some males fall at his knees. The same one that got him out of a particular detention with a rather young professor.

"Statement." Lily said confidently. Was she feeling confident? NO. Was she going to show the three boys in the room that she wasn't? NO. "Will I need a jacket?" Lily asked James. It was December but it wasn't snowing. She watched as James pulled of his own Gryffindor Quidditch hoodie and handed it to her.

"Probably not." James smirked at Lily.

"Can you two lovebirds get the hell out of here 'cause I'm getting tired of all your sappy romance trash." Sirius groaned and plonked himself right next to Remus on the sofa. Remus blushed and fidgeted slightly. Lily knew that Remus had a thing for Sirius but he hadn't fully confessed to her yet. All in good time though.

"Sorry, mum. We're leaving." James shot at Sirius who flung a muggle hair tie at James. Lily really couldn't tell if it was hers or his because Sirius would occasionally tie up his hair to make it look like he was in a muggle rock band along with the rest of his mates. Stupid, I know, but it's what the boys liked so I guess she couldn't 't judge. Pulling Lily along, James vowed that he would not do anything stupid or back out of it. He, if everything went to plan, would kiss Lily. Maybe it was too early but this was driving James mad. So he was going to do it. What's life without risk? Not life. Exactly.

*

"You spent all your time studying when it's so nice out?" James shook his head. Lily stared at him shocked. Nice out? She would freeze to death if it wasn't for his hoodie!
"Nice? How are you not shivering? You're only wearing a t-shirt!" Lily plucked at the hem of his sleeve.
"I really wanna say something that will make me sound like 5th year me but if I'm going to say it I need permission from a... Miss Lily Evans." Lily wasn't quite sure what he was going to say but she was certain it was going to be something flirtatious.
"Oh, alright. Go on then." Lily gave in after having an unofficial staring contest.
"It's 'cause I have an incredibly hot person next to me." James smirked again and Lily shoved him.
"Ow!" James rubbed his arm.
"I'm not even pretty, James. It's like what Montimus said. You can only tell beauty if you strip. It's what's on the inside that matters. I didn't know that they meant under your clothes." Lily's voice faltered as she remembered when her ex boyfriend screamed those words at her.
"Lily," James stopped and grasped the near tearful girl's hand, " hoenstly, how thick can you get?" Lily gaped at James indignantly, "You know Mont- whatever- the-hell- his- stupid- name is, is a prat and a prick. Whatever came out of his trashy mouth must've been complete and utter rubbish. And Lily, I'm not afraid to say that you're beautiful. It sounds cheesy, I know, but who doesn't love cheese?" At this point, James was just rambling but Lily took in every single word because no one had ever said these words about her. "I know for a fact that you haven't stripped for anybody and I respect that. Like so bloody much. I was so close to losing it once when I was like, what, 15? But I remembered one thing; my parents. I know what your thinking; James Potter's an arrogant prat who wants me to go out with him so he can officially say that he's been out with every girl in our year! But Lily, I've been stupid. Really stupid and wimpy. But I'm tired of that crap because this is the last year I can change. And now I'm just rambling, sorry Lily. "
"James, thanks and all but-" James couldn't stand it anymore. Lily was cut off by warm lips on hers. Warm, soft, tender lips that moulded in to hers. At first, Lily's lips stayed frozen. Frozen like a picture. Realising what was happening, Lily kissed back. It was pure bliss. Tears just started flowing down her face amd Lily didn't know why. Maybe the thought of what James said just this came to her. So this is what good kissing is like, Lily thought. Her old boyfriend just made everything overly wet and he forced his tongue in. James took it slow and went at whatever Lily went.
"No buts." James smiled when he at last pulled away.
And that's when the first snowflakes fell.

so hey there. did you like it? i know, it's quite boring but if you did read all of it, i salute you. gimme some tips plz. i need em. i'm terrible at this fanfiction stuff. told you i was happy doing this or else i wouldn't have done more than one thousand words on it and that's crazy bc i'm lazy.
bai.

sike.

for realz now, bai.

sike again.

see you next millennium.