An Odd Proposal- JILY

As you may know, James wasn't the most romantic person. He was all for cheesy pick up lines and such, but that's really what caught Lily's attention to begin with. He tried to be romantic, he did, really, but he just seemed to always fail. So when proposing to Lily, he thought it was going to be the most best proposal in the world. The original plan wasn't the worst, but how it turned out was... different.

Sirius and Remus basically made up most of James' proposal, all James did was pick out the ring and write the speech, which took about seven thousand years. They had to pick the setting, make the food and all that jazz.
"James. Pick some damn words and write them down." Ordered Sirius, lying down in his bed with Remus, occasionally kissing him. James was chewing in the end of his quill, occasionally having sudden outbursts, trying to think of something to write down.
"THERE ISN'T ENOUGH WORDS IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE TO DESCRIBE HOW WONDERFUL SHE IS!" Yelled James loudly.
"THEN SPEAK IN GERMAN!"
James struggled to find the words, but in the end, it turned out pretty decent. Now all they could do was wait.

Tiny specs of silver were crammed in to the curtain of ebony above. The glass like water lay like a blanket, sprinkled with the gems from above. Lily beamed at the sky while she and James lay on a checkered blanket, staring at the stars. Each one like a signal of hope, each one like a balloon of freedom.
"James, this is absolutely beautiful." She whispered. She felt lips on her hair and she relaxed under the feel. It was like someone cast a spell on her and she had forgotton about all her worries. But one forced her way in to her mind. A child. She was going to have a child. She expected this to be her last date with the man she loved most, but a small bit inside her hoped for the better. She stood up and breathed in the air as a distraction.
"I love the smell of fresh air." She sighed.
"More than you love me?" James asked, mock offence laced across. Lily turned around and almost had the fright if her life when she saw James on one knee. Oh no, she had to tell him soon.
"I don't know if you know this, but I liked you for a very long time. Did you know that? I'm totally sure you didn't." James realised he forgot his speech, "But I really do. And now that I have you, it's pure bliss. Nothing else can compare to this, it's so amazing to wake up and say 'I have Lily Evans as a girlfriend." Back in school, it would've been something completely different. I had a lot of names for you in school. Lily Flower, Lily Heavens, Evans, but how about you become Lily Potter once and for all?" Lily felt her heart melt as he brought out a ring. Two delicate sliver bands crossed over and a green emerald sitting directly in the middle. She sunk down to his level and put a hand on his shoulder.
"James, you won't want to."
"Uhh, yeah I will. I want to make you mine, fully." He grinned and Lily shook her head.
"Jamie. I'm pregnant." The grin on James' face slid off instantly and Lily felt it come. She knew it was going to happen, but she didn't want it to! But the grin was replaced with one even brighter than the last. Arms wrapped around her and she felt her boyfriend kiss her ear.
"We're going to have a child?" He whispered.
"Who said it was yours?" She joked while hugging back.
"That squid stole my girl, didn't he?" He said, playing along.
"Maybe. Now, I want to do this properly. As your queen, I demand for you to get down on one knee." Lily waved her hand airily. James obeyed after giving her a wink. It was like they reverted back a year and were back in school. He brought out the ring, the gem glistening in the bright light of the moon. Lily sucked in her breath- and a massive tentacle shot out if the water and snatched the ring.
"What the-" James jumped back hurrdiedly. This squid was even bigger than the one at Hogwarts. Its pink flesh dimmed as it dived back in to the water.
"OH MY GODRIC, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?! DAMN LILY, ALL THESE SQUIDS RUIN EVERYTHING." Complained James while running back and forth. Lily took this opportunity to sit back, she couldn't really think of what to do, but they would find something. After ten minutes of James worrying and Lily thinking, another large tentacle shot out and tossed the ring into the air. It did several flips and then landed directly on to Lily's finger.
"Yes, James. I will become Mrs Potter, and our child will become baby Potter." She grinned and James kissed her. The wedding was rather rushed and it took place a month later in the Potter's field of a garden. While the vicar was blabbing on about something, Lily thought about her proposal. It wasn't how she expected it to be, but it was certaintly something. And that's all she wanted. To be with somebody who loved her and she the same about them.

i still haven't forgiven myself for my horrible updating schedule. also my one shots haven't up to scratch lately and now i really have no excuse. i know sorry won't cut it but it's all i can say. i'm sorry. i'm sorry. i'm sorry. i'm sorry. i'm sorry. i'm sorry. i'm sorry. i'm sorry.
see you next millennium.