First Born- JILY

"Oh, well done James, I'm going to die now, and it's all your damn fault! You pulled out a minute to late!" Lily groaned as she crushed James' hand. James winced under the pressure, and Lily noticed it.
"REALLY?! THAT HURT?! TRY PUSHING A CAR OUT OF YOUR MINUTE SIZED DI-"
"Mrs Potter, take a breath please. Your getting too worked up." The obstetrician at the other end of the bed said calmly. Lily was about to retort back before she felt James push back her hair. Lily inhaled deeply.
"It's going to be better when little Elvendork is out." James sighed while stroking the sweat off her forehead. It took half an hour for the doctors to let James in becaus a no simply wouldn't do for him. James gave them a bloody long speech about how he helped make the young boy who his wife was about to deliver and he had every right to see them.
"We. Are. Not. Naming our child Elvendork, you great stupid prat." Lily roared while James jumped a bit. Lily squeezed James' hand again as she pushed once more. James felt really bad, because of him, his wife was suffering because of him. Or was she suffering? Maybe she would be happier later. To him, women were always unpredictable.
"I hate you so much." Lily muttered under her breath.
"I know you do, Lils, it was all my fault and I'm terribly sorry." James breathed and that seemed to calm Lily down.
"Damn right it is." Lily whispered.
"That was something you never see from soon to be dads, Mr Potter." The obstetrician confessed smiling slightly.
"She's always been like this." Grinned James. It was true, Lily had always been the stubborn one who either needed a proper
good convincing or a jolly good apology.

"James is being yelled at so much it's actually funny." Sirius giggled from the waiting room. Remus was sitting beside him while Peter was sitting in front, being more jumpy than usual. Sirius brushed this off easily. Probably just nervous, he thought.
"I'm happy we can't have children, well, not like that, having a child must be like 'finding the ability to love'-" Remus started.
"Do you not love me?" Sirius put a hand to his chest indignantly
"Of course I do. But like I was saying, think about how bad that would feel! Having to push out a human through you." Remus wrinkled his nose. He was immensely proud of every female who had given birth, they were the bravest and strongest for sure. Pushing a human out of you sounds pretty much impossible.
"My drumstick's big enough to push out a human." Sirius declared proudly while Wormtail gagged. Sirius and Remus forgot he was still there and Remus jumped.
"Moony knows that, doesn't he?" Peter groaned, leaning back. Remus' face turned beet red.

"Mrs Potter, take another deep breath." The obstetrician breathed with immense concentration. Lily obeyed, if this would ease the pain, then she would do it!
"Nearly there, Lily. Nearly there." James whispered, patting his wife's damp red locks down.
"The head's out now, just push."
"You hear that? Our child's head is out and you'll stop suffering soon." James smiled but Lily opened her eyes and glared.
"I just want to see him." Lily said, tipping her head back. The pain was slowly decreasing but it was still forcing away all her energy.
"I do too, Lily. And when he does, he'll be so overwhelmed by what a beautiful, strong mother he has." James squeezed her hand and, for the first time in a few hours, Lily smiled properly.

"Is it normal for labour to take this long? What if they've all died? Do you think Lily's going to faint? My Godric, is James ok? Does he need like water, or something?" Sirius stressed while Remus read a magazine about Transfiguration. Though these questions were also popping up in Remus' head, he assumed the baby, Lily and James would be fine.
"Yeah, it's normal for labour to take this long and i don't think they're dead, Lily hopefully hasn't fainted but James might've, I don't think your son needs any water." Remus replied, turning a page. Sirius looked like he was ready to rip hanks of his own hair out.
"My daughter actually!" Sirius corrected loudly.

"Lily, he has black hair just like me!" James said after taking a peek at the other end of the bed.
"Get your damn eyes back over here, you uncivilised prat, before I burn your Quidditch jumper." Liky threatened while James instantly snapped his head back. Lily nodded, satisfied, after seeing the look of caution on James' face.
"Mrs Potter, one last push! Just one more push, give it your all!" The obstetrician said excitedly. These words seemed to give Lily that boost of adrenaline and she pushed with all her might, while she almost crushed James' hand. The world spun before her seconds before her vision faded to black.

Green eyes gazed up at her while her own swam with tears. This was her child. She would be able to see him take his first steps, eat his first solid food, hear his first word, watch him get on the Hogwarts Express and be abke to say this was her very own child. An arm was slung around her shoulder and a very teary stroked the baby's hair.
"I'm so proud of you Lily, our son is here." James whispered, his voice cracking. Lily fancied her boy the most beautiful baby in the entire world, but then again, every mother thought their child was stunning.
"You damn well should be proud of me." Lily grinned back. The baby had stopped crying now and his pink skin was just slightly visible through the soft blanket.
"What are gonna name him?" James asked, laying his head on top of Liy's, who was now resting her head on his shoulder. She hesitated for a second. They had been so caught up in not naming him Elvendork that they forgot to pick a final name for him. They had gone through names here and there, but they never put their finger on just one.
"We should've thought of this sooner." She giggled nervously at James who smirked.
"Hey, your dad's name was Harold, wasn't it?" James aksed, a bright idea bursting in to his mind.
"Yes." Lily replied a little skeptically.
"How 'bout Harry then?" James suggested, earning a warm smile from Lily.
"What about your parents?" Lily asked, her heart melting in to putty. She looked at James and it was half hard to believe she hated him for 6 years. Now, she could only see herself with him.
"I think they'd quite like the name Harry James Potter." James smirked in a way that made Lily laugh.
"Harry James Potter, I like it."

what even is this one? i don't even know. I haven't given birth so i don't even know how it feels like so forgive me for the trashy describing.
see you next millenium.