Naming Ships

"Sirimus doesn't have a ring to it, y'know?" Lily sat in the common room, friends surrounding her and pen in mouth. She, Marlene, Peter, James, Alice and Frank were all trying to think of a name for Remus and Sirius. They didn't really know what the whole thing was called, but decided that they would need a name if they needed to do a mission involving the two.
"Yeah, I agree. 'Abort mission Sirimus! Abort, abort.' See, it doesn't sound right." Marlene tested the name and realised it sounded rubbish.
"Alright, we'll scrap that then." James said, putting his hands out in front if him, "Rerus?"
"Oh, God no. That doesn't sound groovy enough. It doesn't have that zing to it." Lily decided quickly. She watched as all the purebloods face contorted in confusion.
"The heck is a groovy?" James asked, his face crinkling as he wrinkled his nose.
"Not an 'a', Jamie. Muggle slang." Lily sighed tiredly. Marlene grinned at Lily when she said Jamie and Lily couldn't help but blush. Alice snorted in a rather unfeminine way, none of them minded at all though. Frank, Alice's long time boyfriend, actually find it quite cute.
"Hmm, Rerius?" Peter suggested in a squeaky voice. He had been thinking long and hard and thought that the name woukd be suitable to throw in to the ring.
"Too much of a mouthful, but nice try." Lily smiled kindly at the chubby boy and he felt grateful, but at the same time guilty. He was thinking about joining the Dark Lord. He was going to be in power and if he joined, he'd be safe. But what if he had to betray his friends, Sirius and James were most likely in Voldemort's view as most of Sirius' family had joined and James' parents were the leading Aurors of Great Britain. They didn't care about him anyway, so it didn't matter, but what if James and Lily settled down together? He would have to betray her too. Power matters, thought Peter, stay loyal to power and you'll live, don't think of those who don't care.
"Remirus?" Frank suggested, "I mean, it might not be good, but I thought it was worth a shot."
"Nah, mate. It sounded great, just if I was dying, my tongue wouldn't work to say that." Janes laughed a little sheepishly. Frank used to share a dorm with them in first year, but he couldn't sleep because if all the muttering they'd do and he asked McGonagall to move. He felt bad but the Marauders thought it was funny and maintained a strong bond with him. They privately looked on it on the bright side; now there was a bed they could do whatever they wanted on. Wink, wink.
"Aww, ickle Pottykins woukd think about his best friends' relationship when he dies because he knows he WON'T GET A GODDAMN MOVE ON WITH LILY EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE SO CLEARLY IN TO EACH OTHER!" Marlene glared at James and he looked helpless.
"I don't know what she's talking about." Lily said far to quickly to be convincing and sat stiff as a board. Marlene smirked at her achievement: make both James and Lily blush about their relationship.
"What about Blupin?" James babbled, voicing the first thing that came to mind. He knew it sounded pathetic, but getting Marlene to move away from that subject was all that mattered.
"N to the O. Definitely not happening. It sounds horrible. I'm gagging. Choking. Get me to St. Mungos." Marlene said choppily. Alice giggled open heartedly.
"Lupack?" Alice chuckled, purposely coming up with an equally ridiculous name.
"That sounds like it should be the name of a butter or something." Lily pointed out, a grin spread across her face.
"How about Wolfstar?" James suggested, doing jazz hands. Peter looked at him, eyes bulging as he thought James had just revealed Remus' 'furry little problem'.
"How the hell did you come up wih that?" Alice asked and everyone looked at her shocked. She was always the innocent child who never said anything that could even be counted as nearly bad and the word 'hell' is something she would never say.
"Merlin, Alice. Well, Remus practically means wolf and Sirius is a star. So boom, put them together. Wolfstar." He said grinnning like a mad man.
"Why has that been the first thing you've said in your entire life that actually makes sense?" Lily asked and James looked at her blankly, the look of excitement quickly drained from his face.

so heyo. i was bored and decided to write something. this one doesn't really belong to a ship so i didn't put anything in the title. i could've put it under jily but i really wasn't feeling it, so i didn't. so this doesn't count as a jily one shot. that will be the next one. then it'll be wolfstar yada, yada, yada. you know how it is i hope lol. it's like one am, but i'm not tired sooo... search for good wolfstar on jily on wattpad?
see you next millennium.