26.

What is Anxiety Disorder:

Anxiety Disorder is a feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease, typically about an imminent event or something with an uncertain outcome. Anxiety is one of the most common Disorders found in teens today.

There are many types of anxiety disorders that include panic disorder, obsessive compulsive Disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, Social Anxiety Disorder, specific phobias, and generalized Anxiety Disorder. Anxiety is a normal human emotion that everyone experiences at certain points in life. Many people feel anxious, or nervous, when faced with a problem at work, before taking a test, or making an important decision.

Anxiety disorders, however, are different. They can cause such distress that it interferes with a person's ability to lead a normal life.

Symptoms:

- Feelings of panic, fear, and uneasiness

- Uncontrollable, obsessive thoughts

- Repeated thoughts or flashbacks of traumatic experiences

- Nightmares

- Ritualistic behaviors, such as repeated hand washing

- Problems sleeping

- Cold or sweaty hands and/or feet

- Shortness of breath

- Palpitations

- An inability to be still and calm

- Dry mouth

- Numbness or tingling in the hands or feet

- Nausea

- Muscle tension

- Dizziness

Fortunately, if you catch Anxiety before it gets out of hand, you can personally treat it. The first way is to challenge every negative thought: Write down your worries; keep a pen and pad, tablet or phone handy and when you start to over think or stress, quickly put them down. Create a 'worry period'; leave yourself about ten minutes everyday to have a quick panic attack, this being when you look at your worry notes, freak yourself out and stress, but only for ten minutes a day. Accept; stop planning every little thing you do, accept that thinking about these things won't make them any more or any less likely to happen. You only need to seek professional help when panic attacks start to disturb your every day lifestyle.

Many others have this Disorder, you are not alone. There is hope, you just need to work towards getting better as best as you can.