Home Sweet Zombie

Down in southern Illinois the group was relaxing in a lovely suburban house that had a electrified wire fence surrounding it.

Mack and Addy were out on gaurd killing the z's that got caught up in the fence whilst Garnett and Warren made themselves a cup of coffee each. Doc and Murphy were playing cards and Cassandra was napping on one sofa. On the other 10k and Mercy were led snuggled up. 10k was reading an old magazine with one arm holding Mercy close who slept on his chest.

"I will see your vicodin and raise you one tetracycline." Murphy to Doc smirking.

The cheating felon won once again making Doc sigh.

"That's five hands in a row...If you're gonna continue to use my deck you need to quit pulling cards out your ass." He exclaimed.

Warren shushed their argument as Citizen Z came back on the radio.

"Friends, I'm talking about mean weather coming in fast.

Some reports of tornados.

Find shelter and take cover.

It's dangerous out there.

More so than usual.

Now back to the soothing sounds of the Apocalypse."

"You know after he was so wrong about that chopper weatherman's a pretty good job for that geek." Murphy mused sarcastically making Doc laugh.

Addy and Mack came in from gaurd duty sending Garnett and Warren out then running upstairs giggling.

"Could those two be more obvious?" 10k said raising an eyebrow at the couple.

"What's the matter number boy... Jealous?" Murphy laughed.

Suddenly a knife came flying from what everyone thought was a sleeping Mercy to land in the wall behind Murphy only just missing his head.

"Scary that one" Murphy whispered to Doc who agreed.

"I thought you were asleep?" 10k whispered quietly to his girlfriend... A title he never tired of saying.

"I was till those two peanut butter fudge cups woke me up" she groaned sleepily snuggling more into 10k who chuckled and kissed her head playing with her hair.

"Go back to sleep love I'll make sure they don't wake you again" he whispered to her before fixing the two men with a glare.

Both of them looked away hastily quietly returning to their cards.

"You know if we breed those two it's all over for the zombies" Murphy whispered to Doc who tried and failed to hold in his laughter earning another glare from 10k.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It didn't take long before the peaceful apocolypse turned back to the chaotic apocolypse they had all gotten used to.

"Time to go puppies and kittens!" Garnett called making everyone start moving.

"Come on everyone out the back" Warren told them.

Addy and Mack came running down the stairs as Cassandra, grabbed her back pack. Doc and Murphy hastily collected their cards and winnings whilst Mercy pulled her knife from the wall. 10k handed her her guns from off the coffee table and they all left through the back door and back into the truck.

The clouds seemed to follow them and Mercy held 10ks hand tightly as the Lightning got too close for comfort.

"I don't like storms" Cassandra said who was sat on one side of Mercy in the truck bed whilst 10k sat on the other.