Resurrection Z

"Not a Z in sight" Mercy told the others as she stood on the cab of the truck looking out at the empty highway.

"You bored babe?" 10k called to her grinning from his usual spot stood in the truck bed.

"Ugh... so bored" she complained. The group was gathered around the truck bed. Warren, Garnett, Doc and Mack all stood whilst Addy and Cassandra sat on the edge. Mercy repositioned herself so she was sat on the cab of the truck and 10k leant back standing in front of her.

They all chuckled at the girl who loosely wrapped her arms around her boyfriend shoulders leaning her chin on his shoulder as they watched Murphy out in the field emptying his bladder once again.

"Is anyone else worried about Mr Sunshine out there?" Doc commented.

"I know... he's looking worse" Garnett nodded.

"Yeah and he was pretty creepy to start with" Warren added.

"Cmon guys give him a break none of us are looking our best" Addy reasoned.

"Its like one long bad hair day" Mercy commented absent mindedly making everyone chuckle once again.

"What do you think doc?" Garnett asked there resident professional(ish) medical expert.

"I think Ive seen z's that look better than him" was his only reply.

The subject of the conversation must of felt them looking because he turned sharply making them all look away awkwardly. All except Mercy... she stared and he stared back. They locked eyes. She didnt hate him... she certainly didnt like him... but she pitied him... whatever he did in the life before... he didnt deserve this... no one did.

"Speaking of hair whats with all the bald patches?" Mack asked no one inparticular.

"Maybe the vaccine is like zombie chemo" Cassandra suggested.

"Maybe the vaccine isnt working" 10k countered earning him a whack round the head from Mercy.

"Owww... you're violent you are" he complained.

Mercy rolled her eyes at him playfully before kissing his head where she hit it

"Will he make it to California?" Warren asked.

"If we haul ass" Doc answered.

"If he turns I bagsy piking him" Addy called.

"Piking him is the least of our worries" Garnett mumbled before calling "PIT STOPS OVER"

Murphy trudged over looking more zombie than man "what i have a ginormous bladder... sue me"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Where we going again?" Cassandra asked.

The three teens of the group were once again sat in the bed of the truck. 10k leant against the cab with his arm over Mercy who was sat next to him and had her head on his shoulder. Casandra sat leant against the side of the truck bed with her head on her arms which rested on her knees.

"Garnett said it was called province town" 10k answered.

"Apparently it was on Hammonds map and Garnett might know the guy running it" Mercy continued.

Cassandra nodded "this the place with food?"

"Thats what the map said" 10k said unconvinced himself.

"I wonder if they have chocolate... thats probably what I miss the most... what about you guys?" The girl questioned.

"Fresh fruit... specifically apples" 10k told them "what about you love?"