Welcome to the Fu-bar

It was only 48 hours later that the group found themselves driving down another seemingly endless empty highway. Mack and Addy were out infront on a motorbike whilst Doc drove the truck.

Warren sat in the passanger seat, her head on the window. She hadnt said anything to anyone since she spoke to Mercy.

Mercy herself was doing a bit better sat on 10k's lap in the truck bed. It was still hard... and still hitting her that he was gone... but she realised that if he found out she was wallowing then he'd probably kick her firmly up the backside... afterall 'gotta keep going... gotta keep hoping'

So thats what she was sticking to... one last order from Charlie Garnett.

Though even Citizen Z felt the loss...

"Good morning, people. Welcome to the third day of the sixth month of the year 03 A.Z. If you're listening to this, it means you're still alive. So congratulations. Or condolences. You know, whatever. If you're noticing more despair in my voice than usual today, it's because we lost someone special. I know, we lose people all the time. Getting your face chewed off by a Z is more common than making it to your next birthday. But this guy... This one's worth mentioning.

Charles Garnett, First Sergeant, Army National Guard Reservist, was an honest to God, real life, actual good guy. He fought for other people, not just for his own survival. And he did something that's pretty much impossible these days. He gave people hope. Remember hope? Remember thinking that we might actually come out on the other side of this thing? Yeah. That. Sergeant Garnett died trying to give us a reason to hope. And for that... Sergeant Charles Garnett. On behalf of a grateful nation, or whatever the hell we are now, we salute you."

Mercy looked up to the sky and gave a small salute. She could feel 10ks eyes on her so looked up at him.

Leaning down he pressed his lips carefully to her head lingering there for a second before whispering.

"I love you... always... and so did he"

She nodded leaning into his chest.

"Yeh he did... thats why I know I need to make him proud... show him the person he made me... but Warren... she did'nt get the time she needed with him"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A pop and fizz brought the truck to a stop and with groans and sighs everyone got out... everyone except Warren.

10k led down under the truck while Doc popped the hood.

"Radiator?" Mack asked looping back on the bike.

"Yeah" Doc sighed.

"Fixable?" The younger man questioned.

"Don't know" came 10k's voice from under the truck.

"Babe we got any tape left?"

"No... would fabric do?" Mercy replied after looking in her bag.

"Uhhhh... yeh might do" he said pulling himself out and sitting up.

Pulling her 'Badass' belly top out of her bag (she's currently wearing just a black top) and handing it to him.

"No not this one" 10k complaimed handing it back.

Mercy raised an eyebrow.

"Why?"

"I like that one... you look really good in it" he said rubbing the back of his neck and grinning sheepishly.

Mercy rolled her eyes and handed him a pair of ripped leggings instead.