eleven

(Y/N) P.O.V

"Where should I start?" Rowoon said. We were sitting on the couch and I was wrapped into blankets since the house hadn't a heater.

"From where do we know each other?"

"We know each other for a very long time. I don't know the exact year, but it must have been thousand years since I saw you for the first time. You were walking with your family on a market and I thought about you as my next victim-"

"Victim? Why victim? And why the hell thousand years? I'm only 17." My voice was steady but thin.

He exchanged a glimpse with Chani and he only nodded.

"I-We are monsters. You see that Chani has red eyes. I have them too, you might have seen them in your dreams, but I'm hungry at the moment so they have my natural eye colour. We are immortal and that's the reason, why I know you so long."

"Why does your eye colour change, when you're hungry?"

Another sigh and rubbing of the face.

"Our nutrition is the reason of that." He said with a quiet voice.

I only nodded and tried to process his answer. His food is blood? So he isn't human? I took a deep breath and told him to continue.

"Like I said, I thought of you as my new victim. So I approached you and didn't think it would take too long to get you. We talked nicely and your family was happy that you finally talked to man. You were already 17 and not married or promised to someone. At the time that was pretty rare. So I took on a walk and I already felt that something was off."

Chani looked pretty confused at him and opened his mouth to say something.

"You didn't smell her? Am I right?" Rowoon nodded at him and I didn't get it.

"What's with my scent?" I furrowed a brow and Chani shook his head and pointed at Rowoon.

"As I already said I sensed that something was off. We walked near the river and I still didn't smell you. On the market I thought that there were too many scents, but now I know better. You hadn't any smell. So we were just walking and talking. You were quite talkative and funny. I started to like you and brought you unhurt home. I promised you that I would come back on the next day. And I came back. "

He got up and disappeared out of my sight and came back with a drawing. He looked at it and gave it to me. I saw a couple on it and it looked happy.

As I looked closer I saw that the couple looked like Rowoon and me.

"This is us after a month. I asked you out and forgot what I was. With you I could be Rowoon, not the monster who kills. Jaeyoon warned me that it wouldn't end well and he was right. You never questioned my eye colour and I was happy about that. But I knew your family wouldn't be that happy to see a guy with blood red eyes all around her daughter. So every time I visited your family I was hungry and one time it did go wrong."

A single tear left his eyes and he took a deep breath. He quickly wiped it away and continued.

"Your father was drunk and slapped you in front of my eyes. I held his hand as he wanted to slap you again, but at this moment your brother dropped a glass and cut himself. His blood was overwhelming and I lost my control. I was about to attack him, but you stopped me and dragged me out of the house. You cried, kissed me, left me and got back into the house."

I felt my heart aching and grabbed his hand. He pulled me closer and hugged me. Mumbling something in my hair he pulled me on his lap and stroked my hair.

"I heard your father screaming and more glass breaking, but I couldn't get back. I know I would kill your family if I do so. A week after this I didn't hear something from you and secretly started to spy on your house. You never left the house. I was so concerned that you don't live anymore or were sold to an old rich man. But then I heard your voice in my head. You said we should meet at midnight in front of the fountain".