A 'Simple' Mission

It was a sunny day in Kohana or the leaf village as some people know it. The day had a few colds rolling in the sky making weird shapes. Under them the village was busy as always. Kids were running around, Adults were shopping and chatting. Through this crowd a blond young man was running past the crowd and hopping roof tops when the ground became too slow for him. 

"Crap," said to himself, "grandma's going to kill me for being late." After deciding this was true he started to run faster. He got to his destination he let out a sigh of relief. "Made it in time," he congratulated himself as he walked up the stairs to the Hokage's office. As he walked in he found that team 7 ,minus Kakashi, were there all ready. He took his spot next to Sasuke. 

"Hello Them." 

"Hun, Dope," Sasuke responded. 

At that moment Kakashi walked through the door. Everyone was supersized that he was here before the 3 hour late mark. Kakashi felt all the eyes on him and responded with "What, she said it was important." Everyone hearing this looked at the Hokage. Taking that as a start talking look she cleared her through and started. 

"I bet you are all wondering how this mission is important?" After getting four nods as a confirm she continued, "Well recently we had a group out on a mission find a hidden fortress with this everywhere." As she finished she handed the picture to Kakashi who showed it to his students.

After seeing the sign Naruto paled

After seeing the sign Naruto paled. Everyone saw this and Kakashi asked about it.

"Naruto, do you know what this means." 

Naruto responded with a whisper of "I've got to go," and with that he was gone.

"What was that about?" asked a puzzled Sakura who had never seen her friend a like that. 

"Don't know," answered a just as puzzled Sasuke.

"Well by the look on his face it wasn't something good, or something he needed to remember,"      observed the Hokage. 

"I agree, we will ask him later about it, but for know let him sort his thoughts out," agreed Kakashi. 

Getting OK's from his students they all left the Hokage office except the Hokage herself.  While this was all going on Naruto was in his apartment sorting through his thoughts and trying to figure out whether or not he should tell all of them the truth. He decided it was his secret and he was going to try to keep it that way. After all he had been lying about pretty much everything the knew about him. He didn't smile for real a lot, he hatted bright colors, he liked being alone, he was very smart, and he had good memory. Sure his will to never give up, energy, kindness, and short temper was real, but that was all everything else was a lie, everything else was his mask. As he finished this thought he heard the a knock on the door. He got up and opened it forgetting to put his mask on again. When he opened the door he found Sakura there waiting for him to answer. Her face somewhat made him feel like this was not a good time to fake a smile.