19

Song of the day- milk by sid

I sat up in bed and groaned once I heard my phone start to ring. Who's calling me this late? I rubbed my eyes a bit and squinted at the bright screen.

Jongdae.

I instantly hit answer.

"Jongdae! Talk to me, I really missed your voice..." I groaned. He laughed.

"Minseok, I'm sorry. I hope you can forgive me." I sighed.

"You did nothing dude, what are you apologizing for? You shouldn't." He sighed in response.

"Are you okay?" He asked with a shaky voice.

"Of course I am, are you?"

"Y-yeah..." he laughed.

"You sound cute when you stutter." I blurted out randomly. He coughed a bit and then stayed silent.

"Jongdae. Why'd you call me if you aren't going to talk to me?" I asked with a frown.

"U-uh... I-I'll go then..." he immediately hung up after. I sighed as I threw my phone on the bed and shoved my face back into my pillow.

I found myself not being able to sleep the rest of night.

"Minseok! Boss wants to see you in his office!" My coworker yelled as I had just picked up papers from the printer. I nodded and he scurried away.

I sighed as I stapled the papers together and gave them to the receptionist lady, then making my way to my bosses office.

I knock and waited for a reply. A faint "come in" was heard so I turned the knob and stepped in, lightly closing the door behind me. I bowed a bit and then sat down in front of my boss.

"Minseok, do you know why I called you?" He asked, tapping his fingers on the table in no particular order.

"No, sir." I answered honestly.

"Minseok, this is your last day. You're fired." My heart stood still and my mouth hung open. I didn't dare to reply back, just nodding and keeping an emotionless face. He handed me a paper for me to sign, and I signed it.

He shook my hand for the last time, then I walked out.

What will I do now?