uno - alice in wonderland? not.

A PLAYLIST FOR THE BOOK IS IN THE EXTERNAL LINK. BY @foreversmilin

Uno

There is one thing in this entire universe that I absolutely despise, loathe and hate. It's not broccoli or even smelly people (although they can get on my nerves quite a bit); it's the fact that my parents always make the choices for me.

I'm seventeen! Seventeen! In just one year I will be certified as a legal adult and yet, they still do not trust me with making any decisions for myself. I didn't even get to pick what cereal I wanted when I was younger. My dad would always say, "it doesn't matter what tastes better, it's what's in the cereal that counts," really? I was ten; eating boring cheerios every single morning was the exact opposite of a great and cheerful morning.

Maybe that's why I've never been very jaunty.

"I can't even believe this is happening," I stated without questioning anyone.

"Alice, you have to understand!" he said exasperated.

"Dad, no!" I stomped my feet stubbornly.

"What's so bad about staying with your mom? It's not even for that long, just the summer-"

"And the for my senior year! The most important year of high school!" I gave my dad a very angry look. "Maybe you don't remember but that's when there's prom, and a leaving ceremony,"

"You are still going to have them in Florida," he tried to reason but he failed.

"But it won't be the same at all, all my friends are here and you can't just take me away last minute!" anything I say at this point is going to do exactly nothing to help with my situation because my flight was leaving tomorrow and he can't really just cancel the flight now. "Plus, there's going to be parties,"

"Don't even think about parties," he shook a finger disapprovingly.

"Argh," I shook my head. Welcome to my world, where seventeen year olds are forbidden to go parties that contain more than 50 milliliters of alcohol. "I'm going to my room to pack,"

He crossed his arms and gave me the "Alice-don't-you-dare-give-me-attitude" look with his warm chocolate coloured brown eyes. Somehow I inherited my neither of my parent's eyes and ended up with grey ones, like my Aunt Katherine who I haven't even seen since I was ten and who happens to live in Germany with her six cats. Yes, she was the cat lady.

I dragged myself into my room and the shut the door behind me.

I didn't even know what to pack to be honest, I didn't know if I was going to come back after senior year because I might be attending university by that point.

I also grew up in this room, there were many sentimental objects in here that I want to bring with me that I couldn't. Like huge life-sized hand knit teddy bear that my grandma made me fro my eleventh birthday. I held it so much that there were several stitches around its torso, those stitches were the result of me constantly hugging it and picking at the fur.

But my treasured possessions weren't really the main problem.

My mom was the problem.

She left my dad and I when I was just nine years old, with some staggering drunk. At that time, our family had lived in Oregon, we were happy, or at least I thought.  

I remembered that one night she came home with the guy she called Ray. She was sober and so was Ray. I don't remember exactly what had happened but what I do remember is that there was a huge fight, my dad got punched and Ray was also injured. My mom tried to stop them but my mom was no match for two guys all who were taller than six feet, my mom was frail and like a china doll. After Ray - or should I call him dickhead - kicked the crap out of my dad, my mom packed up her belongings and left us. Even though she said goodbye and apologized who knows how many times to both of us that night I still hated her, and I still do.