nueve - teenagers are obnoxious

Nueve

The week flew by with nothing too unusual. Olivia gave me looks here and there but I managed to ignore them, at least most of them. I did feel slightly guilty though; even though there wasn't anything remotely close to romance going between Lawrence and I. Saturday was the day that I was supposed to go to his house. But really, I was just meeting his younger siblings.

When Saturday came, I almost forgot. But a reminder I had set on my phone reminded me. Which makes sense since it was called a "reminder".

My mom was home today, which was absolutely surprising, especially since it was a Saturday and I expected her to be away visiting her friend. Speaking of her "friend", I really needed to find a good time to talk to her about this. But today just wasn't that time.

She knocked on my door around one in the afternoon.

"Come in," I said without looking up from my pile of clothes I had on my bed. There was a limited amount of outfits I could choose from since I was no fashionista.

"You going on a date?" My mom asked without a doubt. How did she know?

"Uh..."

"C'mon, it's pretty obvious. I've never seen you actually care about what you were wearing; at least not until recently..." she scratched the back of her head a little, almost embarrassed.

"Mom, what are you talking about?" I gasped at her. Since when did she start noticing what I wear?

"Don't play dumb Alice," she wiggled her eyebrows, "I've seen boy you've been acting all googly-eyes over. Lawrence, right?"

Ugh, my mother, thinks she knows all about feelings and relationships. But she doesn't, and she's most definitely wrong this time.

"Well, yes, I am hanging out with Lawrence but no, don't even go there," I shook my head distastefully. I did get why she would think that though, I've never actually hung out with a guy here in Florida, when I come over in the summer time, I mostly sulk at her house and count down the days until I'm back home. I don't actually socialize. "I'm going on a date with someone else,"

She didn't even respond to that statement but just chuckled to herself. "Alright, whatever you say," Seriously? It was just Tami who thought about this but now my mom joined her side? Wow. Plus, I WAS going on a date with Hunter, not Lawrence, did she seriously not believe me?

My mom walked over to the bed I was sitting on and looked at the pile of clothes. After a few seconds she pulled a baby blue dress out from beneath the pile and a denim-studded vest.

She didn't say anything but only placed those pieces of clothing on my lap and gave me a thumbs up and a wink. Then she left the room.

I gaped after her, she just chose an outfit for me to wear and I had no idea if I should wear it, I guess my mom did have a better fashion sense than I did. Plus, the dress was foreign to me; I had never worn in before in my life.

To be very honest, I didn't know whom I was even dressing up for. I mean, sure, Hunter was the guy I was going on a date with, but I was also going to see Lawrence after. I liked Hunter, but the way I liked him, confused me a lot.

After awhile of throwing different shirts, skirts, and leggings on the ground, I eventually came to a conclusion. I sucked at picking date outfits. So I threw on the dress and the vest my mom had picked out for me earlier. It wasn't too bad.

Then I went to the bathroom and applied a little make-up, I know, shocking.

By that time, it was almost two and knowing Hunter, he wouldn't be late. So I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs. When I got to the foot of it, Olivia stared at me.