cuatro - wearing a dress is definitely not my forte

Cliffhanger at the end :)

Cuatro

Let's just say the rest of the day went by super slowly. Maybe it was because I wasn't having fun, you know the saying, time flies when you're having fun. Or maybe it was because I couldn't rollerblade if my life depended on it, and I am not joking in any way.

First, I dropped a customer's ice cream in front of her, and she was already a little irritated by the fact that I was a little late at making it. Then after that embarrassing experience, I slipped and tripped right in the middle of the aisle, thankfully it was out of everyone's sightline so no one saw me, at least I don't think anyone saw me. But what I thought was the most horrible and humiliating thing I did was the elbowing of Hunter. I elbowed straight in the stomach while trying to hand a guy his chocolate ice cream. Instead of going right like I was supposed to, I went left instead and my sharp elbow went right into Hunter's abdomen, but it was surprisingly hard.

By the end of the day I was exhausted and couldn't wait to take a shower and go to bed. It would just be so wonderful.

After I ate dinner and closed up the diner, I dragged myself upstairs, I literally had to drag myself upstairs because my legs felt like lead from wearing the rollerblades for such a long period of time, even with all the breaks in between I still felt like the day dragged on forever. Even with Hunter by my side, it really didn't help much.

"Alice you did great today," My mom patted me on the shoulder after we were upstairs and alone.

"Yeah ok," I grumbled. Then I walked into my room and shut the door. My bed looked like a huge marshmallow with unicorns dancing around it farting out rainbows. I flopped onto it and closed my eyes.

My goal for this weekend was to master the skill of rollerblading. It couldn't be that hard right?

----

My mom was nowhere in sight the next morning. What a surprise. She claims she'll spend time with me but always disappear in the morning.

Today she had left a note on the counter for me, saying she would be back late tonight or even tomorrow morning. The diner would be left in charge with her co-manager.

What was I going to do this entire day? Talk about boredom. The view outside the window indicated that it was slightly cloudy and it also looked like a thunderstorm was about to happen, going to the beach today would not be the best idea...

I walked back into my room and realized I had a pile of clothes thrown on the ground; I might as well do laundry.

As I threw all my clothes inside the washing machine I couldn't help but think back to yesterday, why was that guy at the diner all by himself so early? And I swear he was here the day before too. Another thing that bothered me was the look Olivia gave me when she walked past me. Did I do something that made her angry? I should be the one who was angry at her, she not only took the skates that I had my eyes on, she also had a very horrible attitude towards everyone.

The more I thought about it, the more angry I became and I roughly shook the pair of shorts I had in my hands and slip of paper fell out of my pocket.

I recognized it right away, it was the slip of paper Tami had given me that day on the beach, it was about some party and it was today. I had completely forgotten about it until just now.

There was something different about the slip of paper though; there was a number on the back that I had not noticed before. It was a phone number to be exact, and since I was bored out of my mind I decided to call it.

After a few rings, a voice spoke up.

"Hello?" It was Tami.

"Tami, this is Alice, you wrote this num-" I was interrupted right away.