seis - bets can be both good and bad

Seis

The rest of the party was dull and uninteresting. Tami and Leo were off somewhere doing who knows what and Hunter came by once or twice to check on how I was doing but that was about it. Lawrence, who I may or may not hoped to have seen again never showed up.

I ended up leaving a whole two hours earlier than I supposed to because I was so bored.

When I got back to the diner my mom was still absent, I wonder where she was, maybe she left town. That sounds like her, leaving her teenage daughter in a city as big as Miami.

My bed felt a lot softer than usual the moment I landed on it with a soft thud.

My mind was occupied with images and thoughts about that guy, Lawrence. I tried to stop thinking about him but I just couldn't for some reason. Him saying I looked nice and him asking me out, no, helping me with rollerblading kept giving me shivers.

Soon, I fell asleep but there was one thing I had forgotten to do, set an alarm.

----

"Alice," someone nudged me, "pssst. Someone's downstairs waiting for you. It's a boy,"

That got my attention right away. I sat up like some robot on steroids.

"What," I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes. "A guy?"

"Yeah, he's cute. Why is here though?" My mom raised an eyebrow, the parent side of her began to become present and I didn't like it one bit.

"He's helping me with something, nothing that important," I shrugged but was freaking out inside, he's already here and I'm still in my bed wearing my pooh bear pajamas. If I just went down wearing this he might faint of how cute and attractive I look...haha, no. "By the way where were you yesterday? You were gone the whole day!"

"Oh I went to Miami Beach to visit a friend," she smiled a little and hastily left the room, which made her seem really suspicious. Where did she actually go? I didn't really have time to think about her right now.

I jumped out of bed and opened up my closet to pick out my outfit. I actually never really put in much effort when choosing what to wear today but for some reason today was different and I actually did care.

In the end I decided to wear the prettiest pair of shorts I had and a cute beach tank. Why did Lawrence have to make this thing happen in the morning? I can never wake up in the morning. For school it's either an alarm clock or my dad has to physically nudge me or even sometimes push me for me to even have the slightest reaction. What a difficult child I was.

The diner was stirring with business when I went downstairs but I was thankful that I didn't have a shift today, I might skin my knees, or worse, break my face and make a fool of myself in front of everyone.

I grabbed a pair of rollerblades that were in my size, and not a half size bigger and headed down the aisle.

"Hey," a familiar voice spoke up from a few feet away. I looked up from the path and saw Lawrence leaning against the wall. He was wearing a pair of slim fitting jeans and a hooded  

t-shirt. "Need some help with that?"

"Sorry for being a little late," I grumbled apologetically. He was nice, asking me if I needed help, "yeah sure, thanks," I handed him the rollerblades.

'Ah, it's not big deal. I know how difficult it is to wake up in the mornings," he groaned, "plus, I need my beauty sleep,"

His nice, friendly, gentleman image disappeared just like that, as if a fairy had snapped his fingers and him being his douchey self just appeared.