Chapter 3: Survival strategies

Sue Mei Ling's arched eyebrows raised "How exactly do you know of this phenomenon?"

"First, I'd like to say that in my preceding world love was simply something I couldn't obtain nor was it existent in my mentality until I read books." A look of sympathy glistened in Sue Mei Ling's amber eyes.

"Especially the one addressed as 'Mei-Mei' that I wouldn't say I stole, but I prefer to call it swiped." Amused at her remark Di-Di chuckled.

"I've not only known your loving family but everyone you've encountered through your experiences all written down in a dignified book." Di-Di ogled at Sue Mei Ling shortly after she desist from speaking.

"It's one of a kind indeed.... The book made me establish feelings for a character I was not only inspired to become but envied." Humming to her dismay.

"So much so that before I reached the epitome of my death I made a wish and that was to stay besides you." A glint of sincerity present in Di-Di's gloomed eyes.

"I'm pleased at the fact that the book allocated me here because of it I was able to meet my idol and enjoy a free-spirited life." Not before gracing Sue Mei Ling a warm smile spontaneously improving the mood of the area.

"Living in fear of what might happen tomorrow is excruciating............I really loathed them, but I acted as if I was licking not only their but strangers foot bottoms and that only sparked their excitement to hear more of my pleads since I was labelled useless." The once merry mood turned grim as her rejuvenating smile vanished and was replaced with a frown.

"LEAVING ME AT THAT GODFORSAKEN SHACK TO ROT!" Di-Di hollered tightening the grip as her fingers dug into her palms.

The words easily became poisonous that even acid was produced melting whosoever listened. Hatred being brewed with just a glance the temperature of the room increased drastically.

"What I'm trying to say is that I don't want people to bully nor abuse you just because your labelled useless as well." As if Di-Di never had a tantrum she unconsciously smiled.

"The only reason you haven't sunk into despair is because you were lucky to be born into a family that dearly loves you unlike myself." Di-Di exaggerated a little when using the word lucky.

"There's always a system in every society ranking everyone within it whether its strength or intellectual based." Di-Di a bit upset at the comment but didn't show any signs of it.

"It is unfair...yes, but there are always techniques used if you are unable to comply with the system." Di-Di prattled

"As a beggar I will teach you my survival strategies and if your peculiar to what it might be con artist skills is included." Di-Di not even phased by her shameless ways, she sculptured her smile into a succulent one.

"Some are indeed barbaric but you'll endure after all I did." Di-Di shrugged muttering the last part.

A knock ruptured from the wooden door right after a soothing voice replied "Are you okay 2nd Miss you haven't came out in awhile. Your parents and I your personal maid are worried about you." Voice giving off quite a bit of concern.

Both Di-Di's and Sue Mei Ling's heads instantly twisted to the door. The two seemed as though they were creating hand signals whispering while exchanging a few words to each other.

The room was is in silence for a brief moment until Sue Mei Ling commanded with much volume than intended "I am just fine Hyeong Li, also please report to my parents I'll be out by dinner."

The humble maid servant Hyeong Li respond immediately "Yes 2nd Miss!" footsteps were heard slowly drifting until there were no sound emitted from the area.

"As I said your extremely lucky no......more like blessed!" Di-Di retorted yelling at the top of her lungs, figure ghastly pale due to the lack of air.

Coughing as Di-Di gasped for air, giggles withdraw Sue Mei Ling's lush lips.

...............................................................................................

Yall better thank RobinVM cause I don't think I would have updated today if it weren't for her persistent nagging!

As I said in the previous chapter I will update every week if I don't I'm either busy with school or too lazy to do it.