Chapter 7: Dread Memories of the Past

Since no one but Sue Mei Ling could see Di-Di she was free the roam the city however she pleases. Though it was very quiet because of a certain someone's absence Di-Di quickly got attached and was used to it. The two only knew each other for an hour or more and already established a mutual goal. Eventually this may one day become friendship.

The goal that is, one wanted to help their idol and the other wants to triumph overall. Sue Mei Ling never considered that idea until she met Di-Di. They have all seemed to be connected by this book from unknown origins and its purpose also unknown. Something Di-Di didn't understand and Sue Mei Ling obviously wasn't going to.

Who has ever read a book about their entire success and ideals and was completely unaware of any of those skills mentioned in those books until they were told? Di-Di sure hasn't, but was going figure it out even without concrete evidence.

The clues leading to the origins of the book are slim to none so it would indeed be difficult to discover its mysteries. The matter of the mysterious book will be on hold since their primary goal is far easier to obtain.

The lights of the city were dim and not much people were about. Di-Di passed some stalls selling either rusty or half broken equipment, not even the vegetables seemed pleasant. Their clothes rugged and tattered, just by noticing those details she could tell this part of the streets is quite poor.

Bitter, resentment and sorrow are the conflicting emotions Di-Di felt at the moment. Living such a horrible life while the rich celebrate and waste their money on such materialistic things. What a cruel world to live and she had experienced this tragedy first hand.

Maybe one day she could observe these harsh life styles without becoming too emotional since it was one of her weaknesses. Maintaining a full stomach was not an easy task as enduring those restless harassments was a part of the cruelty. The most important of all was to never show a weakness as it immediately led you to your end.

Once flying through the skies, chirping among the elites only to be left with broken wings and rigid vocals. That weakness can be petite but these people were as hungry as sharks and would immediately take the chance to eat you.

Those times of the past weren't easy, but Di-Di regret nothing. The experiences were constantly lethal and she couldn't determine if making it out alive was possibly.

Who would have guessed her turn of events would change drastically? Di-Di learnt her lesson after sticking her nose where it doesn't belong eventually leading to the betrayal and her death just by that weakness alone.

Sighing after that sudden memory Di-Di flew back to the direction she came from heading towards a certain someone's residence. The thought of going any further towards that dim street may cause sudden flashbacks of her past that she may rather forget entirely.

Calming her mind she thought about plans that could help with the upbringing of her partner. Maybe a bit of future telling may inspire the woman but that all depends on if she could pin point the exact outcomes when saying this to Sue Mei Ling, Di-Di thought.

Di-Di casted her eyes to her transparent hand and stared with a serious expression as though juggling her thought together. "I wonder if I do complete my wish what would become of me." Di-Di said out loud knowing fully that she can't be heard.