Chapter 9- A new page

Once Di-Di confirmed Sue Mei Ling's trust she began to raise her lips into an enchanting smile that entrapped Sue Mei Ling into a brief daze.

"How about we give each other nicknames?" Di Di suggested snapping Sue Mei Ling out her state. Sue Mei Ling nodded enthusiastically.

Di-Di continued "How about Mei-Mei? It suits you rather well." Sue Mei Ling nodded her hear without hesitation implying that she agreed. Di-Di clasped her hands and shouted with much eagerness "I finally have my first friend!"

Mei-Mei gasped in response to Di-Di claims and inquired "I'm your first friend?"

Di-Di gleefully wiggled her ghostly figure and softly spoke "Yes, you're indeed my first friend. I couldn't help but feel happy so, thank you." Immediately after Di-Di's expressed her heart filled thanks, she smiled.

Mei-Mei feeling incredibly touched, stretched her arms around the ghostly figure that is beside her and clasped it tightly. Only to be left with no warmth but with cool air. The transparent being giggled at her friend's silly attempt.

"You know we can't hug so why make yourself a fool?" Di-Di questioned.

Mei-Mei hummed a sweet tuned then softly sang "No matter what you are I will also show my love for you." A silent tear escaped Di-Di's eyes as she silently attempt to hum along with the sweet tune. Di-Di was again repeated "Thank you."

Sue Mei Ling inevitably made her way to her room quarters and night silently fell as the two companions slept.

.............

Di-Di awoke once again to the pitch dark familiar scene. 'Why am I in the place again?' she thought as she scanned her surroundings. This dark scenery made her frown and doubt all her recent experiences with Sue Mei Ling.

Di-Di's frown transformed into a bitter-sweet smile and questioned "Was all of it a dream? Did I simply hallucinate before the brink of my death?"She clenched her hand and pondered 'Was all this just a way of tricking her"

Di-Di's knees grew weak and fell to the pitch black floor. Her eyes swollen as tear drops continuously stained her face and she silently whimpered.

All that filled her mind was the image of her firstfriend slowly fading away to the distance. 

'I lost my first friend' Di-Di thought as her mind was being entralled with that idea.

Di-Di's mind remained dazed until a spotlight appeared. The spotlight shined brightly at a book hovering above the ground. Di-Di walked slowly towards this book and gradually noticed the bold letters written on the cover 'Fates Intertwined'

Di-Di gasped and covered her lips with her palm. "Why is this book here?" She questioned. The poorly lit void only repeated her question over and over with no answer.

"T-this book was the same as the one I read from my previous life. The one that brought me here." Di-Di spoke hesitantly.

Suddenly the book spread open revealed an empty page. The page was gradually being filled by glowing words. Di-Di began to read the glowing words that continue to fill the empty page.

When Di-Di eyes swept through the entire page, her eyes grew wide in shock.

Di-Di questioned "W-why is this book writing down all my experiences with Sue Mei Ling?"