Kylo Ren - Interaction

This is a second part to the story with Kittra that inspired my fic AT YOUR DARKEST.

Kylo had wholly felt Kittra's cry for help. He had nearly doubled over from the sheer agony that had hit him when he heard her call. It had pulled him to the throne room like a magnet, and he didn't think twice about the repercussions that he was sure to face.

Now, he was holding Kittra in his arms, unsure of what to do or where to go. He didn't particularly think the medical wing could help with the mental exhaustion that she was facing, but he wasn't sure that he could either. Kylo thought about bringing her to where he could find any of the Silguard. He quickly thought the better of it, remembering the last time he had tried to interact with a few of Kittra's assassins. The best course of action would be to take her back to her room, but he didn't know her access codes or where her room was.

That left one option.

When the elevator doors parted, Kylo quickly, steadily, started towards his own room. Silently praying that Hux was not wandering about the Supremacy, he rounded another corner into a longer corridor. There was a squadron of Stormtroopers who looked rather surprised and anxious, but he didn't mind that.

He had finally made it to his room when she began to stir. Kittra's full, peakless lips parted with a silent inhale as she drew in a small breath of air. Her chest rose, then fell, and her eyelids fluttered. Kylo felt like the assassin fit perfectly in his arms, so snug and comfortable, like she was meant to be there. At that thought, he hastily, but delicately, set her down on his bed and pulled his blankets over her body. She let out a quiet mewl of content as she rolled over.

Kylo sat down in the chair across the room and let it all sink in.

There was an assassin in his bed.

The galaxy's greatest assassin was in his bed.

Force, what was he getting himself into?

Standing up again, Kylo walked over to her side and laid a hand on her forehead. He reached out with that same power he had before. Kylo let his darkness fill her, allowing it to soothe and cool and comfort, something he was never good at with words. As he let his mind shadow hers, he felt her own mind pushing back. It was clean and icy cold.

Thank you, she said in his mind.

Kylo nearly fell over in surprise. I- I'm not- you're welcome, he replied. Why do you let him push you around like that?

Kittra rolled over, tucking the blankets up to her chin. What do you mean?

He squinted at her in confusion. You're one of the most powerful Force users in the galaxy. You're even stronger than Supreme Leader Snoke, and you let him dehumanize you into some sort of... tool.

The assassin was silent for awhile. I don't see why it matters to you. The words seemed a bit harsh, but there was no venom or anger in her voice.

It doesn't, he said back. Didn't it though? Didn't he feel empathetic towards this once innocent girl who Snoke now held under his power? Kylo could sense that this wasn't what the Force had meant for her. This wasn't what destiny had had planned. She was good, deep down. Kylo could sense that, too. But are you happy? Fulfilled? Content?

Are you happy? she countered.

Yes, he answered quickly. Yes, I am.

Kittra cautiously pursued her next words with a few deep breaths. I don't think you are. I think you are angry.

Angry? Kylo was taken aback at her boldness; she addressed him rather insensitively.

With the world. With people. But, mostly with yourself, she said. You have the most interesting internal conflict.

Kylo huffed and turned away, seething. Stay out of my mind.

You were in mine, she reminded him.

When you wake, I'll be gone. Please show yourself out. With that, Kylo threw up his mental shields and locked Kittra on the outside.