Poe Dameron - Disapproval

Poe swooned as he remembered the way you had smiled at him

Poe swooned as he remembered the way you had smiled at him. He had nearly fainted when you brushed his arm with your fingertips, not to mention how many times he stumbled over his words when you asked him simple questions.

BB-8 beeped at him, startling Poe out of his trance. Poe, what's got you so distracted?

"Oh, BB-8, I just met the most amazing woman," he said, kneeling down in front of his droid. "She's so smart and talented, and she's got eyes the color of stardust, I swear it."

The orange droid seemed to frown. Stardust is not a color, you idiot.

"Wait until you meet her, BB-8! You'll love her just as much as I do because she even speaks droid. Can you believe it?" Poe exclaimed as he rubbed at a grease spot on BB-8's shiny white sphere. "I'm telling you, she's the one!"

You can't know that. You just met her, BB-8 reasoned angrily. Besides, you have other things to worry about-

"Like what?" he mumbled, looking around. "The Resistance is in a good place, right now, and Leia isn't going to send me on any missions anytime soon."

BB-8 whirred and turned away. You're going to get your heart broken, again.

"She's worth it," the pilot insisted. "She's so perfect and wonderful and smart."

You said that already, BB-8 said. And she's amazing, talented, and has eyes the color of Stardust.

Poe flinched back, half in humor, and half in annoyance. "Are you jealous?"

The droid spun back around to face the pilot, looking him up and down. No, he beeped defensively. Why would I be jealous of some girl?

"You're afraid she's going to steal me away," Poe realized. "You're afraid that I'll forget about you, aren't you?"

Angry red lights flashed near BB-8's camera lens. No.

"Yes, you are!"

No, I'm not, BB-8 spat. You're already busy enough trying to win General Organa's praise, what difference is another female going to make?

"BB-8, I'm sorry," Poe apologized. "I didn't know you felt that way."

The droid was still pouting.

"How about we spend some quality time, later, fixing up the ship?" Poe suggested, earning a sort of smile from his orange droid.