Kylo Ren Series: The Galaxy Was Wide Enough - 0

Prologue
The Schuyler Sisters

The eldest of the Schuyler sisters, Altheria, prowled down the brick walkway with predatory grace. Heavy blushed tulle, draped over floral lace of the same color, was edged in a masterpiece of white flowers, pink petals, and wispy feathers. The dress swayed with each elegant, metronomic stride she took. Her embellished torso remained poised and erect all the while, the patterns of pearls and diamonds beginning at the off-the-shoulder sleeves and swirling past her slim waist.

Althieria presented a sharp beauty. A sparkling diadem encrusted with the Hollis royal family's signature emerald jewels pushed her voluminous bistre ringlets slick back to the crown of her head. Her pronounced jaw and pursed lips only accented the studious glint in her chestnut eyes. By the sloped angle of her shoulders and tilt of her chin to the horizon, it was evident she was a woman of determination.

Pierra hopped along beside her older sister, honey eyes glittering in the sunlight. She defined the word perky in every way. Her wild hair- so frizzy it hid the tiara on her head- bounced loosely around the puffy yellow sleeves of her ball gown. Daisies littered the already heavy satin, but the youngest Schuyler sister appeared unaffected by the weight. She skipped along the very edge of the sidewalk, balancing expertly on the tips of her ballet-flat-covered feet.

The common folk and nobles alike envied Pierra's youthful beauty of freckles and glowing skin. However, the nobles chided her for her carefree, fiery spirit. They believed princesses should be quiet, responsible young women who do not speak unless spoken to. The same spirit won the hearts of the common folk. She always earned their smiles, receiving their
greetings with firm handshakes.

Elissiah, the middle sister, was in no way the median. Especially in beauty, she surpassed her sisters. She kept several feet of naturally luxuriant hair braided down her back with a crown of flowers made entirely of silver and emeralds atop her head. Her shining eyes matched the green jewels, even in the way the sun made them sparkle. Accompanied by ever-blushing cheeks, her full lips were always drawn back in a kind, gentle smile. She was full-figured with strong arms and hands that suggested years of gardening.

She wore a stunning cornflower gown with a white filigree top resembling a high-necked vest. The skirt comprised of sheer satins in different shades of gray-blue all layered over top of one another and brighter turquoise flowers arranged in an organic pattern. It complimented her altruistic demeanor in perfect light, casting her as a political woman, but one who put her people first.

"Father said to be home by sunset," Pierra warned, watching as the streetlights turned on in preparation for the evening.

"Father doesn't need to know," Althiera replied. The people on the path in her way all stepped aside, as she looked like a woman on a serious mission- or maybe because they recognized their crown princess.

"Father also said not to go downtown, but..." Pierra trailed off, a mischevious gleam in her eyes. "It's rather spectacular down here, isn't it? Look around! Everyone's preparing for the celebration!"

"A celebration that means we won't have to go to war," Althieria mused. "Father truly didn't want any violence to come
to our planet. Look! Pastries!" The pair hummed in content at the smell.

"Althieria, remind me what we're looking for." Elissiah rubbed her manicured hands up and down her arms. Even though she enjoyed spending time outside and with her people, she was cold.

"I'm looking," Althieria giggled. "For a mind at work."

The youngest sister eagerly pointed to a red-haired man outside the bakery just up ahead. "What about him? He's cute."

"Him?" Althieria asked, pointing. Pierra nodded. "That's Admiral Armitage Hux of the First Order. He might be cute, but he's a serious snob."

Elissiah glanced over the admiral, wondering what he was doing out and about in her city. "Excuse me! Sir Armitage Hux!" She called out.

Armitage paled. Much to his terror, the three ladies beckoning for his attention were none other than the Schuyler princesses of Hollis! Gulping, he bowed. "Evening, princesses. Taking an evening stroll?"

"Something of the sort," the eldest sister said shortly.

Armitage rose from his bow and offered his arm. "Maybe looking for some company?" He took in each sister separately, seeming gauging them as prospective wives.

Althieria snorted. "Hux, you disgust me."

The admiral froze, stuttering, "Well, I-I'm flattered you've h-heard of me. I-I mean no ill-will."

"You know, it appalls me that men still think women are objects birthed only for their benefit. I mean, come on, we are just as capable of any task as men are." Althieria's voice began to rise. "So, we deserve to be treated equally. And, we deserve equal rights!"

Armitage flinched backwards at her final statement, a look of shock on his face, which quickly turned to anger. "Your planet will crumble should you survive until your coronation," he spat. "Hollis needs this alliance more than the First Order. So I'd keep my thoughts of rebellion to myself, if I were you."

Althieria lost all of her poise and composure. "Did you just threaten me?" She seemed ready to take him out right here, right now, even if it meant ruining her favorite dress with his blood.

"Let it go," Elissiah urged, tugging at her sister's hand. "He's not worth it.

Althieria whirled around, cheeks burning with fury. "Damn right, he's not worth it," she grumbled.

Elissiah frowned to herself. The alliance already hung by a thin thread- one she wasn't going to let snap over a petty difference in political ideas.

here's a little teaser i guess for what is to come! i'm planning a twelve part series for this one, based off of Hamilton the musical if you haven't guessed already. hope you enjoy!

p.s. (pronunciations)

Althieria (All-th-ear-ee-uh)

Pierra (Pee-air-uh)

now for Elissiah, there are two way I pronounce it in my head... obviously you can use whatever you prefer
(Ee-lie-j-uh) like Elijah
or
(El-ih-zay-uh) with ih as in igloo