Duelling

"Ready?" The small wizard flourished his wand.
The Great Hall has been cleared after dinner and a few remaining students started to gather around and see what was going on.
"I'll do my best. Bring it onnnnnnnn, Flitwick!" I laughed.
He smiled. Albus clapped from a chair nearby.
McGonagall stood as the referee.
Sarah watched from the sidelines with some other Slytherins. They had made stupid signs to cheer me on.
Hagrid was nervously watching, ducked behind Dumbledore's chair.
"I can't look..." he whimpered.
"It's only practice." Sprout said and patted him on the back.
McGonagall nodded.
"Begin."
I started to watch him. He nonverbally cast a spell. He wasn't going to hold back.... I dodged his disarming spell and rolled on the ground. A few Gryffindor cheered along with my Slytherin friends.
I decided to test my luck, I had been studying Occlumency and Legilimency for years now under the guidance of my parents as a safety system from when I was a child. I was hyper and curious and it not only let me communicate with them when there was trouble, but also it let me practice focusing. It ultimately ended up saving my life just days ago.
Stop thinking about it and just do it.
I heard Snape in my head and shot a glance to the doorway. He was leaned up against it, watching from afar.
I focused. A smile crept over my face. Flitwick gasped, catching on to what I was trying to do. I knew his next possible moves.
He started casting randomly, I was able to predetermine where a few would fly, but I was caught in a tickling spell momentarily before I recovered and launched a spell back.
Flitwick was knocked back onto his ass. He clapped and laughed before he created a swirling mass of magic that I couldn't dodge. I reached into my shirt for a vial and drank it, hoping that the protection would be enough to withstand the wave. I fought the wave of magic enveloping me. The rainbow swirls were hard to see through.
I found him again and began launching spells. He hopped out of the way with ease.
I waded through the rapidly changing cloud and coughed as I emerged.
"That was cool." I commented.
"I'll have to teach you." He grinned and continued firing at me.
"I didn't know she could cast nonverbal spells?" McGonagall commented to Albus. Severus approached them.
"You'll find there's a lot of things she can do that she's been hiding. Don't ever underestimate her."
"Severus, actually praising a student? Are you ill?" McGonagall laughed.
He frowned.
Albus laughed at him and patted him on the back.
The match ended when Flitwick hit me with the disarming spell finally. I was out of breath. He came over and I shook his hand.
"Longest match I've been in in years. And with a student! You're a fearsome creature, Miss Dumbledore!" Flitwick looked pleased.
"I'm going to take you up on that offer of learning that spell, I hope you know, sir."
"Ask me anytime if you want any dueling help, I'm a bit jealous Severus got to you before me and snatched you up as an assistant, to be honest."
Sprout laughed.
"You have an assistant? Severus Snape?"
He groaned and turned to Flitwick.
"I'm telling you, the Legilimency was really throwing me. That was highly unexpected."
McGonagall gasped and looked at me.
"What's Leg-Legilimency? Is that the word?" I asked, acting confused.
Flitwick looked confused.
"I thought you....nevermind." He shrugged.
Dumbledore looked at me and rolled his eyes.
McGonagall looked at him for an answer as to what all the nonverbal communication meant that she was clearly missing.
Sneaky. I thought you were a terrible liar.
I heard Snape remark. He had an amused expression on his face.
Only to some people. And if other people think you're a terrible liar, then when you do lie, doesn't that make it more effective?
It was a moment before he responded.
Smart. But Albus and I know.
I smiled at him.
You don't count. You're not 'other people'...You are different.
He held eye contact for a moment before silently walking away. I had better get to bed or I would be tired in the morning and I was supposed to meet Snape after breakfast. It was our big Saturday of potion making. I had to rest up.
....