The Order of The Phoenix

ANASTASIA POVDecember

ANASTASIA POV
December.
I woke up in my bed, my head hurting extremely bad as it had been for a while now.
I looked down and peaked under my shorts. The mark was gone that Carrow made... I hazily remembered being in Dumbledore's office and him and McGonagall removing it a while back. I shrugged and got up and got ready for the day. Sarah met me down in the Great Hall for breakfast. I looked up at the high table.
Snape glances my direction and then promptly looked away.
"How's being Snape's assistant?" Sarah asked on our way to breakfast.
Flashes of memories accosted me of working on potions after class with him. He was a fine instructor and nothing more. He didn't show any hint of interest in me beyond that. I decided to nip this silly crush in the bud.
"It's fine. He's a good teacher." I chewed on a piece of bacon. My head hurt so bad. I winced.
"You Okay? You act like something is wrong, Stasia?"
"It's just my head. It's been hurting since I got up this morning."
"Maybe you should go tell Snape or Dumbledore and go to the hospital wing?"
"I'm going to do that. I'll just have to tell Snape I'll be late to class."
I stood up and approached him at the high table. He and Dumbledore were sitting next to each other, so I decided to tell them both.
"Hey, Professor Snape, Uncle Albus? My head is hurting terribly. I'm in need of some medical attention, I believe."
Snape looked at the ground.
"Well, Madame Pomfrey is off today...I'll have to take care of you after breakfast-"
"I can take care of her..." Snape interrupted him.
"Nonsense, Severus, and miss your Advanced potions class? Come here Anastasia..."
He placed his wand at my temple and gasped.
"Well, now that's peculiar....doesn't seem to be any magical illness...seems like someone had tampered with your memories? But who?"
I gasped.
"What? When?"
Snape got up from the table and bolted for the door.
"I am not sure, Anastasia, but I think it's best that we have a meeting after breakfast. There are some things we need to discuss, and I believe you ought to know a few things."
I followed him to his office after I ate.
I took a seat on his plushy blue couch and placed my head in my hands.
"Before we begin, how is your position with Severus going?"
"It's alright. I've learned a little. Kind of boring."
"Making potions out of the restricted section is boring? Even with all the rare ingredients Thornwood sent?"
"What? Huh? I got to go in the restricted section?" I shot up out of my seat.
"Oh dear, someone has really messed with your memories...but to what end? Odd. It would have had to have been a Professor....I assure you it wasn't myself."
"Did it have anything to do with removing the dark mark from my skin?"
"Anastasia, what are you referring to? I was not aware you had one?"
"You? But you removed it!!! I remember!!!"
Dumbledore's eyes twinkled.
"I'm going to have you use my personal penseive and we are going to inspect this 'memory' of yours."
I walked over as he extracted the memory. I was transported back.
"It's fuzzy. Why is that?"
"It's not real. Now watch this..."
he did something and the memory around me changed. I was in Snape's study on his couch as he poured a potion over my hip.
"Now that's your real memory....I had no idea Severus and you were that close..."
"I didn't either, Sir."
I watched him lean over me working while I screamed.
"How long does this memory go on?"
"He works on you for another ten hours and then the next memory is missing..."
"He must have altered it, but why?"
We swam through another tampered memory of us in his classrooms. I was scrubbing cauldrons like I do every day.
"This one is wrong too. Let me fix it."
The memory faded into Snape and I playing the piano in his study. I was singing.
"What? When was this?" I laughed and listened to Snape sing.
"I had no idea you or Severus could play and sing?"
We swam through another messed up memory. Another one of me grading papers for him. Dumbledore fixed it and it dissolved into Snape and I eating cookies and drinking tea and laughing in his study while a potion was brewing and a restricted section book was open. I examined it...it was the one being used to remove the dark mark on my hip with the Carrow man's initials.
Dumbledore and I were knocked back to the present.
"I'm not sure his motivation behind what he's done. Which brings me to what I wanted or ask you... would you like to be a member of the Order of the Phoenix?"
"The what?"
"It is a task-force of a kind that protects against the Dark Lord. I am a member as is Severus..."
My real memories began fading back and replaced the tampered ones...
"He's a death eater. I saw it. I tried to attack him.... I remember now...that's why he tampered with my memory...."
Dumbledore nodded.
"Clever girl. He's a double agent. He keeps up appearances that he works for both sides, but he reports to the Order."
"Oh no.... I attacked him...I saw his dark mark...." there were still gaps in my memory, but I remembered more and more...
"There are still memories missing, Albus..."
"He must have them, but why?"
"I'm not sure. Why would he do that?"
"I don't know, dear, Severus is somewhat of a complicated character. So are you. But I can assure you, if anyone can get to the bottom of this-it's you. Have you made up your mind about The Order?"
"Yes, I'll join."
He smiled.
"You're getting to be quite the handful, Niece of mine, and I couldn't be more proud of you."
....