Saturday

I woke up that morning as everyone was getting ready for the Hogsmeade trip. I slipped on some street clothes. A tank top, Black skirt, and some knee socks and boots. I tied a flannel around my waist in case it got chilly in the dungeons. I pinned my hair up with the wand and grabbed mine and tucked it in my skirt. I met up with Sarah in the common room.
"So I heard Gabriel has a thing for you. You lucky bitch."
"Have him too if you want him." I sighed.
"You don't even care, do you?" She scoffed.
"I really don't. Listen, Sarah, I...just had a bad breakup. It's fresh. When I moved from America....I just don't want to date right now."
"You like somebody else. I can tell. You're all dressed up for somebody right now."
I blushed. I really didn't know why I did. Was what she was saying true? Oh Dear....
"Where should we shop first in Hogsmeade?" She bounced on her heels as we sat down and started eating.
"I'm busy."
"With whooooooo?" She cocked her head to the side.
"Nobody. I'm just taking a 'me day'."
"Which is why you're wearing all that makeup? For yourself?"
"I might see people. Like right now I'm seeing you. I like to look good." I shrugged.
"Yeah, whatever. I'll figure out who it is if you won't tell me."
I noticed Snape looking over at us from the high table.
I blushed. He tried to get into my head but I didn't let him. He looked at me confused and then turned to look at Sarah. He smirked. He knew she was teasing me about a boy. Oh hell he's going to ask about it now!
I sighed and put my head in my hands.
"Is he older? Is he the one that sent you that package the other day?" She asked.
"Yeah. He's older. He doesn't go to school here." I snickered to myself.
"What's he look like?" I made eye contact with Snape.
"Tall. Pretty muscular. He's pretty sweet. Just a friend."
"I bet he likes you too. I don't see why he couldn't."
"I don't want to talk about it anymore. You better run off to Hogsmeade before Stacy and Tracy leave you. She hugged me and ran off to find them. I sighed and slinked off to the dungeon to meet Snape.
I found him sitting at his desk flipping through a book of potions.
"Hey there eavesdropper." I walked up and elbowed him.
"I did no such thing." He playfully rolled his eyes and acted like he was offended.
"Oh shut up, Snape. Did you hear what you wanted?"
"Yes, and I'm interested in your crush on this fictional tall dark and handsome man."
"Who says it's fictional?" I teased.
"You don't like anyone here. The only males you talk to are your professors. You talk to Albus and I more than anyone last time I checked."
I smiled.
"What are we making first? I've written down some instructions on this paper for one I'd like to try."
"I hope you don't mind helping me make some easy ones to use in class too? I need some Amortentia sometime in the next few weeks, no rush. Just when you have time."
"Not at all a problem, Sir. I think we have time for that today if we get started." I smiled.
"Good, now what is it you want to brew?"
"It takes about a month...is the only thing....but it uses the unicorn blood and the Dragonsbane. It simmers for three weeks and ages for one. If it's too much, tell me."
He grabbed the piece of paper.
"Why on earth do you need this? Why this?"
"Do you really want to know?"
"I am certainly not going to help you with this risky and dangerous endeavor unless I get a proper explanation...."
He leaned over the desk, looking upset at me.
I blushed. I really needed the potion, but it was going to be awkward to show him why.
"I'm going to show you something. Then I need you to Obliviate it from your mind. Write a note or whatever you need to remember enough but it's really...personal. You ready?"
He nodded and watched as I lifted up my skirt. His eyes widened as I pulled down the corner of my black lace underwear to expose initials emblazoned on my hip with dark magic. His face flushed and his cheeks became red. He then noticed what I was referring to.
"You were branded with dark magic.... you're trying to remove a mark....Carrow..... I'm going to be sick...."
"Obliv-" I raised my wand to wipe his memory. Now he knew.
"He touched you? He touched you didn't he?" I had never seen anyone that angry in my life. He pushed the cauldron off his desk. A few vials shattered.
"He touched me. He was the one who used the imperius curse to....get what he wanted from me...." I swallowed. Snape's nostrils flared and he collapsed in his chair.
"You should not have had to grow up that fast, Anastasia...." he used my first name...
"I'd been sexually active with Jack, it's not like I was a virgin, but it's been haunting me...it was terrifying. I didn't want it....I feel like I can't wash him off of me...it's that mark...without the draught I can't sleep. I only see him laughing....doing it all over again.... Crucio...Imperio.....Crucio...Imperio...."
Snape pounded his fist on the desk and placed his head in his hands.
"I'm going to help you make that potion. It requires you to work on it every day. I'll give you the key to my study and you can work on it whenever you have time. We will meet here every Saturday to check its progress and work on some things I need to get done, is that alright?"
I nodded weakly and felt a tear start to form.
"Hey, don't worry, we're going to get that off of you. I promise. You can brew this potion. You've got it in you." He smiled.
"Are you sure it's not too much to ask, Sir?"
"It's what friends are for, right?"
I smiled and walked up to him and threw my arms around him. He wrapped me up in his arms and sighed, putting his chin on the top of my head.
"Nothing but trouble you are, nothing but trouble." He chuckled.