The Mark

I stood over the cauldron at 5 am. I couldn't sleep again so I let myself in to Snape's study and leaned over it with a medicine dropper letting some unicorn blood drip. I heard a yawn in the doorway to Snape's quarters.
I finished what I was doing  and then spun around on my heels.
I was in a pair of shorts and a baggy t shirt that had a Wampus on it for my old house. It had a few moth holes in it, but it was soft and smelled like Ilvermorny.
I was barefoot and my hair looked wild and unbrushed. I really wasn't expecting him to wake up this time. He never did.
"Oh shit." I mumbled.
He yawned again and walked over to the cauldron.
"It's almost done. It's been three weeks. Tomorrow we can take it off the heat and start the cooling process." I'd never seen Snape in anything but his teaching attire. He had on black boxers under a dressing robe, exposing a patch of chest hair underneath. I blinked and took in his appearance.
"Nice pajamas." He finally said, looking me up and down.
"I was just about to say the same thing, Professor." I laughed.
"You didn't wake me, don't worry, I got up to get some water and I heard someone rummaging around in here. I thought it was an elf, but it turned out to be you."
"Sorry to disappoint." I stuck my tongue out.
"Nah, it was a pleasant surprise."
"Can I ask you something, Snape? And you don't have to say yes."
"Hmm what is it?"
"Since you're the only one that knows...and you've already seen it....will you?"
He looked at the floor for a moment and then kicked his lips.
"You're sure you want me to?"
He looked down at my hip like he could see it through my clothing.
"It's fine, you've already seen it. I don't want anyone else to see it. For some reason I'm more comfortable with you doing it than Dumbledore or McGonagall."
"I see."
He pressed his lips together in thought.
"Don't worry about it, Snape....I'll figure something out..."
I turned around to leave. He seized my arm.
"I didn't mean that I wouldn't or didn't want to. I just thought you might be more comfortable with a woman...."
"Oh..." I looked down at my feet, feeling awkward.
"Saturday after we are done that would be a good time to do it. Is that alright with you?"
I nodded.
"Very well." He didn't meet my gaze.
"I guess I'll go get ready for breakfast. I'll see you afterwards." I awkwardly started moving towards the door.
"Have a good day, Anastasia..."
......
"Bill hasn't been the same since the ball. Poor thing.  Gabriel has been giving him shit about it." Peter, a seventh year Slytherin said before he took a bite out of his sandwich.
"You broke him. How delicious!" Sarah cackled.
"I feel terrible. It's been almost two weeks. He's still moping around?"
"Yep." Peter said through a mouthful of sandwich.
"Oh dear...."
"It's not your fault. You just have it bad for Mr. Tall and handsome...." Sarah winked.
A black owl I recognized fluttered down and dropped a letter.

Had to attend to some business. Will be back a little later tomorrow night. Wait for me for dinner and I'll meet you. Finish the potion without me.
Your devoted friend,
S.

I sighed. I was disappointed. I wanted him to make sure I did it correctly before I finished the potion. I also was anxious to get the whole process over with. The application was supposedly painful and took many hours... my cheeks turned red as I noticed there was a little miniature black flower enclosed. I held it up and then tucked it behind my ear.
"Who the hell sent you that?" Peter asked, eyebrows raised.
"Is this from that mysterious crush Sarah told us about? The older guy?"
I decided to lie.
"No. From family."
"Liar. Who is S?" Sarah was reading it over my shoulder.
"Tomorrow night....dinner....so he does go to Hogwarts! Who is he? Come on...tell us..... is it Rupert? He's tall and handsome and a few months older than you?"
I shook my head.
"It's nobody." My cheeks turned a deeper shade of red.
"Potions? What the hell kind of boring date is that?" Sarah snorted.
"It's not a date! He's just a friend!" I crossed my arms annoyed.
"A DEVOTED friend...that sent you a flower. He wants to fuck." Sarah threw her head back with laughter. I looked up at the high table and sighed in relief. He wasn't there to eavesdrop on this shitshow.
"It's not like that at all. I swear. We both just enjoy each other's company."
"Yeah I bet you do...." she wiggles her eyebrows. I felt my insides do somersaults at the suggestion of sex with Snape. I bet it would be good though... what am I doing???!!!!
I tried to snap out of it.
"Somebody's flustered...." Peter sprayed crumbs across the table as he laughed.
"I've never seen her his worked up before! What the actual fuck!!!!" Penny laughed.
I got up to leave.
"Let us know how he is! I want all the gory details!" Sarah waved. I rolled my eyes and kept walking.
....
I woke up and meandered my way to Snape's study. I found a note laying next to the cauldron.
I'll be back for dinner. Meet me here.
S.
It was time to take it out of the jar and do the final incantation. I took it out and put it in the cauldron and heated it once again. I flipped to the page in the book from the restricted section and mumbled the words as I waved my wand over it. Bright light radiated from the white shimmering liquid and then it was over. I poured some of it into vials and then I put out the burner.
I sighed and went back up to my room to fetch a swimsuit, shorts, and a baggy T-shirt. I walked outside to the lake and dipped my feet in the tepid waters.
I needed to clear my head before I went through with this. I took off my shirt and laid down on the grass next to the water's edge. I became engrossed in "Macbeth" again and before I knew it I had fallen asleep.
I tossed and turned as I had a nightmare about that day.... I felt a hand on my shoulder wake me up.
"Hey, I got worried when you didn't show for dinner. Are you hungry?"
Snape was crouched down next to me. The sun was setting.
I heard my stomach growl.
He flicked his wand and sandwiches appeared.
"Eat. We're not going to be able to rest or eat for hours. You're going to need your strength. Are you sure about this?" He lit a candle and handed me a peanut butter and jelly.
I nodded.
"You remembered. My favorite." I bit into the sandwich.
He laughed.
"What's so funny?" I asked.
"You've gotten jelly all over your face..." he smiled.
I scooped up some jelly onto my index finger and smeared it on his mouth.
"Funny." He said, licking it off.
I wiped my mouth on my shirt.
I smiled. He watched me lick my fingers slowly. He was staring.
"I thought I got it all off, what are you looking at?" He looked startled.
"Oh...nothing." He looked shaken up.
I shrugged it off and continued eating. He was staring at me again.
"Why are you looking at me like that?"
"Looking at you like what?" He asked with a smirk.
"You-just...nevermind. Fuck you."
"Detention for foul language, Miss Dumbledore." He wagged a finger in my face.
"Watch it, I'll bite that finger off."
I leaned in.
"Is that a threat?" He narrowed his eyes, half-smiling.
"A promise actually." I was an inch from his face. I felt his warm breath and smelled his spicy cologne. It made me dizzy. My eyelashes fluttered and I felt my bottom lip brush against his. I pulled away quickly and he looked away.
I was a tangled mess of nerves. I almost kissed him...or was it the other way around?
Either way....that was odd.
But I wanted it to happen again...just to see...
"We'd better get started." He spoke awkwardly.
"Yeah. Right." I followed him to the castle and down to the dungeons.
I sat on the couch while he inspected the potion on the desk.
"One of these days you're going to put me out of a job..." he smiled.
I sighed and started thinking about the logistics of how we were going to do this.
"Professor, you got a sheet or a blanket?"
He looked up and then nodded.
He disappeared and then came back with a black sheet.
"Okay turn around."
I had on a black bikini top under my shirt. I removed the shirt and then my shorts and bathing suit bottoms. I tossed them to the floor and laid down on the couch and positioned the sheet over myself so that Snape wasn't seeing anything down there other than the exposed hip where the mark was.
"Okay. Turn around."
He turned around. His face was red. He just stood there and looked at me.
"You can start anytime."
He snapped out of it.
"You sure you want me to do this?"
I nodded. He knelt down beside me and uncorked the bottle. He levitated the book beside him and began the incantations as he laid his hand hesitantly on my bare flesh. I shivered at the contact.

Your hand is cold.

Shut up. I'm trying to focus.

As soon as my skin made contact with the potion images flashed in my head and I felt my body involuntarily thrash.
"Petrificus totalus" I felt myself go stiff and he laid his hand back on my hip.
The sheet slipped.
He covered his eyes with one hand and fumbled to get the sheet back on me.
You're going to have to look, it's fine.
His cheeks were red as he placed the sheet back over me.
Sorry....
He told me mentally.  I felt my mind going hazy and a shooting pain in my hip. I felt the world go black and then I was caught in a loop reliving those horrors. They replayed over and over and over. I saw him carve the brand in my flesh with the tip of his wand. I felt it. And then the memory replayed.
Just a little bit longer. You're doing great.
Hearing Severus's voice in my mind calmed me.
Make it stop.
I begged him.
Soon.
Suddenly it all was over. I felt my limbs become movable. I sat up too quickly and felt the room spin.
I looked down at my hip and smiled.
"It's...it's finally gone." Tears filled my eyes.
He looked extremely tired. His hair was disheveled and he had dark circles under his eyes.
"How long...?"
"Ten hours."
I gasped.
"Severus... I don't know how I can ever thank you...."
"It was nothing. Thank you for trusting me enough to do this."
He sat down next to me.
"Turn around for a second."
He obliged and I pulled on some shorts.
"Alright I'm good." I smiled, still shirtless.
"Nice bikini top."
"Why are you looking?" I jokingly said.
His smile fell.
"Severus, I'm just kidding."
"No, it's just...." he lifted his hand and touched my chest and ran a finger between my breasts and down to my stomach along the deep scar.
"I'm so sorry...you didn't deserve any of that...." his hand lingered on my stomach before he pulled away.
"It's all over now. It happened. No use in dwelling on the past too much. Remember and move on."
Snape seemed pensive.
"You're a wise witch." He smiled and continued looking at me.
"Stop looking at me like that...it makes me nervous." I admitted.
"You've still got a bit of jam on your mouth..."
"Get it off for me?" I leaned closer to him. He leaned in and raised his hand and touched it to my lower lip and ran it across in slow motion. I could feel my heart pounding in my ears. I felt him  move closer. And draw his hand back.
"Do you see any more?" I felt my stomach flip.
He licked his lips and stared at me, waiting.
"I think you've got some too."
I leaned closer to him. And leaned up.
He watched me intently, still as a statue.
I raised my hand to his cheek and cupped it.
He was still. He closed his eyes and leaned in.
I leaned closer and our lips met.
His hand immediately moved to the small of my back. And he returned the kiss, pressing my body into his.
I swept my tongue over his bottom lip and his mouth opened. I deepened the kiss and he followed, Snaking one hand into my wild hair. I moved to straddle him.
His hands wandered to my hips and mine into his hair I had been longing to touch for longer than I cared to admit to myself.
A wave of shock and realization overtook me and I pulled away. His hand was cupping my ass and I was on top of him.
"Fuck..." I struggled to catch my breath, embarrassed.
"Anastasia...." He whispered. He wore a shocked expression.
"Severus...I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have..."
"But you did. And I did too."
My cheeks were blazing red and I became increasingly aware of his erection. I ground my hips down onto him and he hissed. His breathing was uneven. I was doing this to him... I was driving him crazy.
I leaned in to his neck and began kissing and licking a trail down to his jawline.
"Fuck...." I heard him mumble.
A hand slipped into the back of my shorts.
I was almost convinced I was half-imagining all of this in a half-asleep stupor. I threw caution to the wind and reached back and pulled the string to my bikini. A grin crept over his mouth as he leaned down to run his tongue over my breasts.
I shivered at the contact.
"Severus...." I purred in his ear.
"May I?" He looked me in the eye and then back down at my shorts.
"Yes. Please. Now." He all but ripped them off and pushed me onto my back.
He leaned down and his hands traveled up my thighs. I gasped as he got to work.
Then he looked up and made eye contact for a moment.
"Go ahead..." I ushered him on. He leaned down and used his mouth. My hips bucked. He picked up the pace.
"...don't stop..." I told him.
I jerked as I felt myself finish and he raised up.
My eyes felt heavy.
He scooped me into his arms and carried me up the stairs. I felt myself drift off to sleep.