Obliviate

I felt like I'd been hit by a train. I had a headache and my whole body was screaming in protest when I sat up.
I became vaguely aware of my surroundings. I was in an ornate carved wooden bed with black curtains. I was naked. That hadn't been an exhaustion-induced wet dream.....heat and embarrassment flooded to me cheeks. Then it dawned on me...he wanted me too....and suddenly it all made sense. He had been jealous of Weasley that night....he did almost kiss me in the closet....and last night....Severus Snape had went down on me... I processed this all for a moment before I looked around for my clothes. Realizing I had discarded them on the floor of his study, I looked around for something of his to put on. I even smelled like him. I liked it... the man was intoxicating. I found a bathrobe with a monogrammed S. On it. I put it on and nervously walked down the stairs. I smelled something. Breakfast? I looked at the clock in the stairwell. It was Sunday afternoon. I found breakfast was making itself in his kitchen. He stood at the table reading something. He was in his boxers and shirtless.
I took in his appearance until he realized he wasn't alone and turned around.
"Severus..." I finally spoke.
"Anastasia, how are you feeling?"
My cheeks turned red.
"Oh....uhhh...fine."
he chuckled and grabbed his wand and flicked it towards the table.
Breakfast set itself up. Orange juice, tea, toast, eggs in a basket, and bacon.
"I'm fucking starving." I grinned and started digging in.
He buttered a piece of toast and took a bite, still watching me.
"So...can I ask you something?"
I stopped chewing and looked up.
"Yeah....what about?" I looked nervous.
"Your amortentia...was odorless. Will you do something for me?"
I started to follow his logic.
He got up and rummaged in a drawer and returned with a vial with a stopper.
"Go into the bathroom and smell this..."
I took the vial and then walked to the bathroom. I knew where this was going.
I uncorked the vial and held it to my nose. It smelled like potion fumes, spice cologne, it smelled like...Severus Snape.
I walked back to him and gave it back.
"Mine smells like you, too."
I looked down at the floor, realizing what this meant. At least I knew he felt the same way...
I didn't want to bring up last night. I was struggling to process the shock of what had happened. I wondered if our friendship would suffer or it would be awkward now...
I sat back down opposite him. The tension in the room was thick.
"Professor..."
"Call me Severus when we are alone, you didn't have a problem with that last night...." My cheeks turned red. He smirked.
"So I guess this mean that I am the tall mysterious older man?"
I nodded sheepishly.
"I'm glad to hear that." He took another bite.
"You are?" I asked.
"Obviously the feeling is mutual, Anastasia... can I be any more clear?"
I took a sip of tea.
"Well I guess not." I crossed my legs, as they became shaky, remembering last night.
"I have some business to attend to, today. You are welcome to stay here until dinner, then I think you'd better get back to your friends as to avoid raising suspicion..."
I nodded.
"Yeah... just let me..."
I raised up on my tiptoes and pulled his mouth to mine.
He deepened the kiss. I pulled away as he snaked his arms around my waist. I looked down to examine his toned chest and abdomen he'd been hiding under those black robes this whole time.
"Severus.....you look amazing..."
he rolled his eyes and smiled.
I noticed a faint tattoo on his arm, it was starting to become clearer...
"Severus? What's that....is that?"
"Listen, Anastasia, I need to explain some things to you...."
I pushed him away and he hit the ground.
"YOU BASTARD! You're a monster! You never touch me again!" I grabbed my wand and pointed it at him, hands shaking.
The man I loved...was a death eater?
He reached for his wand too...
"EXPELLIARMUS" I missed.
"OBLIVIATE!!!" He didn't.
......

SNAPE POV

I cradled her in my arms and pulled the silver memories out of her mind and placed them in a jar. That night we'd spent together was gone and it was for the better for her. She loved me. That wasn't good for her. I'm not good for her. She needs to grow up and become an Auror.
I need to stay away from her as much as possible. She didn't want to understand and she wouldn't. It was better this way.
She needed to find another love that wasn't poisonous, toxic, and damaged like me. I placed false memories in her head and hoped that would be enough to keep her away.
....
She walked into the classroom. Our usual witty banter was nonexistent. She was no-nonsense and got straight to work helping me teach. She stole glances in my direction, but I ignored her. When she provoked me and teased, I ignored that too. Still...at night I remembered her. The way she tasted, that sweet voice, and the feeling of her on my lips. She intoxicated me...but she deserved better. She didn't know what she was doing loving a man like me. She deserves better so she doesn't end up like Lily. This is the only way to keep her safe. She found a way out- a way that she was away from the Death Eaters and here she was running into the arms of one.
I watched her day after day from a distance. She never showed any interest in any boy...when she found one it fizzled out a week later. She became withdrawn, she wasn't herself, she stayed in bed longer, and I missed her jokes. I had quit laughing at them, in the hope she would stop in her efforts to befriend me...little did she know she had become my closest friend already. It pained me to keep her at such a distance...I knew she loved me.