Chapter 3: Crystal Eyes

I stood in shock. I haven't moved or said a word since the handsome stranger swayed me with his words and kissed me with his soft, full lips. I want more than anything to go chase after him but there's no use, I have no choice in who I end up with. Other than the fact that I can pick out of the two brothers. Unfortunately this handsome stranger wasn't on the list of candidates. I snap out of my haze and decide it's time to return to my room. The party is winding down and frankly after what happened, I'm not sure I could handle anymore excitement for the night. I want nothing more than to drift to sleep and forget about the fact that I leave the castle tomorrow, the only place I've known for the past 18 years. I slip off my heels and head back to my room, not bothering to care that it's extremely unladylike to walk around barefoot. Once inside, I strip everything off. My dress, my makeup, everything is removed from my body and I collapse into bed. It isn't long before sleep pulls me under.

That night I dreamt of the masked man. I couldn't help it. I just couldn't seem to get him out of my mind, something about him was so alluring and mysterious. And his eyes, oh my. So perfectly crystal and pure. They drew me in
leaving me wanting more and more. I was under his spell. Unfortunately I awoke from my dream, not to a calming breeze, but to someone knocking quickly at my door. Pulling myself from my dream, I sit myself up. I quickly hop out of bed and run to the door. As soon as I open it, I can see my mother and father standing there smiling, they were clearly excited for my departure.

"We'll both miss you so much darling. And I promise we will visit you of course!" My mother says to me softly as she wraps me into a hug. My father is a quiet man so he just pulls me in for a hug as well, remaining silent as always. But when he pulls away it doesn't take away from the emotion I can see welling up in his eyes.
"I'll miss you guys too." It was all I could manage to say. I was already choking back tears threatening to pour from my eyes.

I spent the next hour packing my belongs and saying goodbye to all the servants I had become friends with over the years of my youth. Lastly I stand on my balcony, the breeze pulling at my hair, ticking my arms and legs. The sky was beautiful and calm. I would miss this view. A single tear falls down my cheek as I stand and walk away from my balcony, my room, and my old life as I know it.

I spent the next two hours in the back of an armored limousine, nervously awaiting my arrival. What would it be like? What would the princes be like? So many questions running through my head. Finally we arrive and butterflies start to swarm in my stomach. I'm escorted from the limo by 4 very large men who I'm assuming are guards. As we approach the castle, I take it all in. The castle is HUGE and extremely beautiful, even more beautiful than my family's castle. One day I will be queen of this kingdom and with the looks of it, I don't think it'll be too bad. Once inside I am greeted by the king and queen themselves, Atticus and Melanie Rose. Queen Melanie is the first to speak.

"Princess Azalea, we are so very happy to have you with us! You will make a great queen one day, especially ruling beside one of our sons."

I curtsey, bowing my head.
"Thank you, your Highness. I'm very honored to be fulfilling the arrangement our kingdoms set up with each other. I fully intend of ruling to the best of my abilities beside one of the princes." Now that I think of it, where are the princes?

"You must be starving after such a long journey," The king states, breaking the silence. He wasn't wrong. "We will be having lunch together shortly. Our servants will show you to your room to settle in then escort you to the dining hall." And with that, a servant appeared by my side to guide me to my room. We finally get there and I'm left speechless. To say my room was beautiful would be an understatement. I've never seen something so gorgeous in my life. White, aesthetic interior with plenty of furniture and an elegant, white marble bathroom. It even included a balcony with a fucking AWAZING view! Everything seemed to be going perfectly. Soon a servant appeared, motioning for me to follow her out of my room.

When we arrive at the dining hall, I see a long table with 5 chairs in total. The servant showed me to my seat and I sit down. As I sit, the king and queen enter taking there seats along with the two princes. I keep my head down as a sign of respect, but also because I'm two nervous to look up. When they are all seated, the king speaks to me.

"Princess Azalea, let me introduce you to my sons. This is Prince Lucas." He says motioning to the tall, blonde boy sitting to sit left. He had forrest green eyes and a dashing smile that could make any heart melt. I couldn't help but smile back. "And this is my other son, Prince Rowan." The king motions to the boy across from Prince Lucas. I look at Prince Rowan in awe. He has black hair, crystal blue eyes, and he's staring right at me, with a smirk on his face. Its the gorgeous crystal colored eyes. Prince Rowan was the mysterious masked man. He was my first kiss.