Chapter 7

UPDATE!!!!

•••••

​​​​Chapter 7
Recap
Damn she gets under my skin. I always get worked up around her, why couldn't she just tell me what we both knew she was trying to say.
"Alright John, yes... the babies were yours. I thought they were Henry's children but i was wrong. I didn't find out until recently when Jake hurt himself at daycare. He needed a little blood, so immediately we offered ours. But the doctors asked me for the biological fathers' blood. And apparently that was not Henry. John I-"
She stopped talking but my mind was trying to process everything she just told me. Babies? Children? Jake?  "Miranda... w-what do you mean children?" I said slowly trying to remain calm. She looked confused for a second but then I guess she realized what I meant... she stared at me directly in my eyes for a moment before saying
"John, I... we have twins"
~
I couldn't believe I had a kid... two kids. I can't believe she was stupid enough to have sex with two guys and get pregnant. Well not that she can control that, but she still should've had both of us tested when they were born.
Damn... I missed my kids being born. I missed their first birthdays, their first tooths, first time sleeping all night, their first... everything. Looking up at her I could see the sadness in her eyes, but I wasn't going to fall for that. Not a chance.
"Miranda why did you tell me you were getting an abortion when you obviously didn't plan to?" "I didn't plan for this John; I was fully set on getting another abortion. But Henry fund out I was pregnant and he didn't want me too..."
I couldn't hide the hurt from my face this time "...John I know you didn't want me to either but I when we had sex that last time we wore protection, and Henry and I didn't... I was a hundred percent sure that the baby was his." She said her face the picture of regret.
"That doesn't make up for the fact that you still slept with both of us. You should've had us both tested instead of lying to me. Do you know how hurt I was the first time that you decided to get an abortion? I stayed awake for days wondering what they would look like, whose personality they would be closer to, if they would have my eyes or yours..." I sighed.
"And then when you told me you were pregnant again I thought maybe she would realize we were supposed to have a child together. I was hoping you wouldn't tell you were getting an abortion again. But you did... then you told me that the baby wasn't even mine. Do you know how angry I was?" I said huffing, getting louder with each sentence.
I stared at her as she cried silently listening to me vent. "And you know the saddest thing of all Miranda?" She wiped her eyes and took a deep breath shaking her head no. Not that I was really looking for a response. "I still wanted to be with you, I wanted so badly for you to just tell me you still wanted to be together". I said shaking my head at her.
She looked up at me, shock written all over her face. "I wanted to be with you too John but I didn't think you would forgive me for cheating. I hated myself for it, I only stayed with him because I found it was twins and I didn't want to deal with them on my own. And I wasn't sure you would want to raise another mans' babies." She said as she sat down on the curb putting her head in her hands.
I started to sit down next to her but the front door opened and Miranda's mother came out the door. She still looked the same, about five eight, round, and I'm sure was still as mean as ever. When she saw me her steps faltered, and her expression became grim. All of Miranda's family liked me...except her mother.
She was storming up the path, when Miranda jumped up and was telling her to go back inside. She stopped in front of me, putting her hands on her hips and cocking one out to the side. "You've got some nerve. Showing up here after all these years. You don't want to know them; you just want to get back in her pants. You listen here-"
"No you listen..." I said cutting her off "I don't know what she's told you but I just found out about them...today... she told me she got an abortion. So don't yell at me when it was her that started this mess." I said before she could yell at me for not being in my kids' lives... I didn't choose this, any of it.
Shaking her head she turned around and started walking up to the house saying how I've always been disrespectful and she can't wait til the day she doesn't have to see me again. Sighing I just looked at Miranda and laughed a little.
"What are their names?" I asked her trying to get to the part that really mattered. "Our sons' name is Jake Christopher Scott, and daughters' name is Katherine Ameliah Scott..." smiling she looked towards the house.
"I can't believe I have a son, and a daughter. This is crazy Miranda." I looked at her wondering if they looked anything like her or me. My mind creating different versions, made me want to meet them even more. Gulping nervously I asked "C-can I meet them?"
I was hoping she wasn't going to say no but I would understand if she did. I'm not sure if she had told them yet, but I knew they would need time adjusting first. "I was going to introduce them to you Friday as yours... I was going to tell them tonight. Henry doesn't want me to but he's out of town and they need to know the truth. I don't want you missing out on any more of their lives and I'm sure you want the same."
I sighed figuring id have to wait a few more days before I could meet my children.  "Alright, I can do that. I know they need time to adjust before-""John I said I was going to introduce you Friday. But that's because I didn't think you were going to call me back, or show up here." I laughed a little bit at that.
"I didn't know I was going to show up here either... I was driving around after I listened to your message, and when I pulled over... I was here" she smiled at that and I smiled too. She nodded towards the house and I got nervous all over again. I followed her to the door and when she opened it I heard little screams and giggles. Miranda's' house was very open, as soon as you walk in you can see into the living room off to the left; and the staircase in the far left corner.
The dining room was straight ahead and there was a hallway directly behind it leading to two bedrooms and a bathroom. And the kitchen was to the right side, and there was a door that leads to the garage and laundry room. She was about to turn around and tell me something when I saw them. They came running down the hallway, Katherine was chasing Jake.
They stopped running when they saw their mum and instead started walking fast; laughing as they walked past us. Jake had short dark curly hair, and hazel eyes like mine. He was tough; he was still running around even though he had broken his arm. Katherine had long curly brown hair and big hazel/green eyes... just like her mothers, and they both had caramel skin tone.
I felt my chest fill with pride as I looked at my children...they were beautiful. I couldn't believe I had missed out on so much, made me wonder what they looked like as babies. And also wonder what they were like in their toddler stages.
"Jake... Kat... come here I want you to meet someone." She called out to them. We walked towards the dining table and she sat down. The walked up to her but was looking at me. It made me feel very nervous. "Okay guys, this" she said pointing back at me "is John... I knew him when I was learning how to be a doctor."
Jake kept staring at me but Katherine smiled at me. "Hi John, I'm Princess Katherine" she said in her adorable voice reaching out for me to shake her hand. Kneeling down I bowed to her then got down to shake her hand "Well how do you do Princess Katherine" She giggled before running off down the hallway.
Jake kept staring at me then looked at his mom and then looked down the hallway. Then back at me again before saying "I'm Jake... it's nice to meet you" I smiled at him "It's nice to meet you too... I'm John" he nodded then looked at his mother at back me before turning and going down the hallway.
I looked at Miranda and she looked confused as she watched Jake walk down the hallway before going in one of the rooms down the hall.  She turned to face me and gave a small smile. "I need to get home, but I will see you Friday alright" she nodded and walked me to the door. I gave her a smile then walked down the driveway to my car. 
It started to get dark as I made my way home. Sophia's gonna be pissed. Looking for my phone I saw I had several messages and missed calls from Sophia and Jay. I looked at the messages from Jay first.
Hey man u mak a decision yet?
You gonna call her??
Are you with her right now or with Sophia??
Damn it man call me... Sophias called looking for you
Pls tell me u aren't fucking Miranda
Seriously dude...let me know wats going on
I sighed before flipping over to Sophias messages to see what she had said as well.
Babes?/
John u told me u were coming bak
I love you
Why aren't u answering??
Please just let me know that your okay
Im getting rally worried now
I called Jay he hasn't seen you in hours, whats going on??
Fuck it then
I hate this...
Did I do something??
Are u still angry with me??
John im sorry I didnt mean to hurt you...
Please baby...
Reading Sophs messages made me feel like shit. I should've just told her I was stopping somewhere. I should've told her I was coming here, and that she called me. I looked back at the door and Miranda was still there, leaning against the doorway.
She smiled at me and waved softly. I smiled and waved back, hoping that I could keep my feelings in check. I started the car, and waved once more before pulling off. I looked in my rearview mirror watching as she went inside, looked towards the car again, and closed the door.
I needed to talk to Sophia... I dialed her number and put the phone on speaker. She answered after the third ring.
"John... I'm glad you're okay. I've been so worried."