Final chapter

Chapter 20
Johns POV
I watched her as she fawned over her daughter for about an hour. We haven't talked about what had happened to her, but I don't think she's feeling up to it. She looks so natural sitting there playing with the baby. 
I continued to watch her and the baby until the nurses came back and took the baby for examinations and tests. Sophia wanted to go with them but she needed to stay put and rest.
"I'm sorry ma'am but the doctors' orders were for you to stay in bed you need to heal, your body took a beating today" her face went pale and her cheeks flamed bright red. "I'm so sorry, I wasn't thinking." She said shaking her head.
Sophia gave a soft smile "It's okay, it's true" she said laughing sheepishly. The nurse nodded her head and turned towards me. "But dad if you would like to come with its fine, you could record or..." the nurse was looking back and forth between the two of us but stopped when Sophia's eyes got wide.
"Did I say something wrong?" she asked looking confused now, her cheeks getting red again. "It's okay, I think I prefer to stay with Sophia" she nodded one last time before turning around and wheeled the baby out of the room.
​Sophia looked at me for a moment before looking down in her lap and playing with her fingers. She sniffled a little and I heard her sigh a couple times. I couldn't take it anymore and I walked over to her and sat down on the side of her.
​I turned and adjusted myself so I could wrap her in my arms. I knew I had to be gentle but I don't think she minded as she threw her arms around me and hugged me tightly.
​She cried into my shoulder for a moment before gathering herself and pushing herself up. I could tell she was having some sort of inner battle trying to get her thoughts together.
​"How are you feeling Beautiful?" I asked smoothing out her hair. She looked up at me and I could see the mixed emotions in her eyes. The light in her eyes were dim, and I could tell she was still in a great deal of pain.
​She closed her eyes tightly before opening them again and smiling. "I'll be fine I just know that I'm going to have to make some adjustments with my life. I wasn't supposed to give birth for another two months. I'm lucky, Beth is completely healthy there seems to be no signs she was harmed." she said with a tear dropping down her cheek.
​"I know things are going to be hard for a while, but no matter what you need. Whenever you need it, I will be here for you. I don't want you out of my sight" she started to protest but I interrupted her
​"Sophia you are my life. and damn those divorce papers you ARE my wife. The best thing that's ever happened to me. And I'll be damned if I let anything happen to you or anyone take you away from me EVER again."
​she didn't say anything she just looked up at me as she was still in my arms. I cupped her cheek and pulled her a little closer to me. "Sophia I love you, and I never want to see you cry. I know I hurt you, but I want to make it up to you. I want to be a part of your life; your daughter's life. You deserve the world and anything else is unacceptable."
​she smiled at me and gave a soft okay. I couldn't stop myself, I leaned down and kissed her as soft as could. I pulled away after a moment. but her eyes were still closed, her lips parted and a soft sigh escaped her lips.
​"john..." she said barely above a whisper; it almost coming out as a moan. "Thank you... thanks for wanting to bet there for me. I know things between us aren't-"  I cut her off.
​"Sophia I would do anything for, whenever you need me I'll always be around. So there's no need to thank me." I said smiling at her.

~~~~
​It's been a couple weeks since incident, and I've been helping Sophia deal with losing Jay. I know they weren't together that long but I know she loved him. It's odd knowing she loved another man.
​It actually kind of pisses me off but for her sake I hide my frustration. I think she knows it bothers me but, it's just awkward. I miss us, when it was just me and her, before everything started getting crazy.
​How do you tell someone that's grieving for someone else, that you love them. That you don't want them to be with anyone else.

Sophia's POV
​I was pumping some milk for the baby while she was playing on the floor, when I heard a knock at the door. I pulled my shirt down just in time before john came in through the door.
​He stood by my side the whole time while I was in the hospital, and he's been here every day since I've been home. I appreciate him so much I don't know what I would be doing without him.
​But I also wish he'd go have some fun, he can't possibly be content with sitting here with me all day, and running errands for me. "John..." I said watching him pick up Beth and tickle her.
​"Yes Sophs?" he said looking up at me in between blowing raspberries. "How come you're here every day? Don't you have something better you could be doing?" he didn't say anything at first he just continued playing with Beth.
​After a minute he put her back down on belly in front of some toys. Then he walked over towards me and started capping off all the bottles that had milk in them. "See what I mean you could be hanging out or working, or meeting someone new. But instead you're here touching my breastmilk." I said shaking my head confused.
​ "Sophia..." he said in a quiet but serious voice, as he capped off the last bottle and walked over towards me. I pulled the breast pump from under my shirt and capped off one of the bottles and put a nipple on the other.
​ My breasts were still a little swollen and my nipples, were hard from all the pumping and from the little bit of milk that was left behind. The cold air blowing through my thin shirt.
​"You should know by now how I feel about you and what you mean to me." He said running his hand up my arm giving me goosebumps and making my nipples poke through my shirt even more.
​He smiled but he didn't try to touch me in a sexual way, even though I could tell he wanted to. He put his finger under my chin and pulled me towards him.
I was too aware of my sensitive tips because when he did this they rubbed along his chest, and cause tingles to shoot through my body. He leaned down and kissed my forehead. Then backed away "did you make a list of things you need?" he asked smirking at me.
I nodded and smiled at him, trying to turn my body away. "It's in the kitchen" I said pointing with my thumb. He laughed a little and walked up behind me. "Don't hide from me Sophia" he said grabbing me and wrapping his arms around me and squeezing my breasts firmly. He kissed my neck before swiftly walking away leaving me aching in his wake.
​I walked quickly after him and grabbed his hand before he could open the front door to leave. "John..." I said sort of breathless. He chuckled before giving me a long 'hmmm'.
​I knew it had only been a couple of weeks since the incident, and their deaths... but I couldn't help how I felt. I wanted to be with John, I knew it. I could feel it. I stepped closer towards him. I held on to him tightly and just breathed in his scent. John felt like warmth, strength, and... he felt like home.
​"John... I love you" I whispered into his back. Holding on tighter when his body stiffened. I pressed myself into him as tight as I could as he started trying to pry me off of him.
​"Sophs let me hold you" he said pulling me loose and wrapping me in his arms. He turned me around and for the first time in a long time I felt the softness of Johns lips press firmly onto mine.
​My body melted into his as he wrapped his arms around my body tighter. The kiss started off passionate but it got more and more heated as our grasps on each other got more wild and feverish.
​My top came off and so did his, he started kissing my neck and gripping my ass. We were both moaning and I was gripping him so tight that I'm sure my nails were scratching into his skin.
​He lifted me up and laid me down on the hard floor, the cold wood making my heated skin tingle and my back arch up off of the floor. John was kissing down my chest his hot tongue swirling around my skin, leaving a burning trail in its wake.
​His mouth planting small kissing all the way down my stomach, his tongue diving into my belly button. He yanked my shorts down kissed down my thighs brushing over the small patch of hairs. His hot breath making me throbs vigorously.

​Before we could go any further we heard small whines, that we tried to ignore but they got louder. Damn she must've finished playing. Did I give her the bottle? We both froze and I could now feel the coldness of the tile and the cold of the air circulating.
Our body heat seemed to be coming out in waves, the two temperatures fighting one another. He lifted himself up and I felt his body heat leave me, making me feel the cool air completely.
"I should probably head out to the store now..." he said trailing off getting up and reaching for our clothes. Handing me mine we both stood up and put our clothes back on.
I thought it was going to be awkward, but I felt completely comfortable standing there naked in front of him. I quickly dressed, pretending that I didn't notice his staring. I held up a finger as I walked back down the hall to Beth's' room where she laid playing with her toys making small whimpering noises.
"I'm sorry pretty girl" I said grabbing her bottle from of the table and propping her up with it in her highchair. I turned on the tv where I had Disney movies playing. I kissed her forehead before going to find John again.
He was still standing in the same spot but his eyes were closed and he was biting his lip. When he heard my feet his eyes opened and his lips stopped their assault and he smiled at me. "She's okay?" he asked sound apologetic nodding I said "Yea thought I gave her the bottle but I left it on the counter."
He laughed and shook his head "You're still just as forgetful as you were years ago" I smiled and leaned onto him. "Don't start up again beautiful, I don't think I can control myself if you get me started again." He whispered into my ear as he kissed my forehead.
I turned so my ass rubbed against him but I kept my head turned so I could look him in the eyes. "Maybe I want you to lose control John" I said biting my lip. He smirked and gripped my hips, pulling my hips into him hard.
"Don't worry we have plenty of time for that later, and I'll definitely make it worth the wait." He bent his head down and nipped at my neck, sucking my neck hard. He planted small kisses while nipping and sucking on the same spot.
It felt so good I wanted him to just strip me and take me right here against the wall. But he pulled away and backed away from me. Leaving my hot body to feel the cool air again.
He winked at me and mouthed the word 'later' as he pulled his keys out of his pocket and turned and left. Leaving me in the foyer hot and bothered. Damn him!