Chapter 11

What's going to happen to John? To Jay? What's going on with John and Sophia? What about Jay and Sophia?
Who do you thinks gonna end up with who?
Like, vote, comment, and please share!! Thank you so much 😊😌😌
•••••••

Chapter 11
(Sophia's POV)
I sat in the hospital room waiting for the two of them to wake up. When I came up Jays sister and brother were being called, and I got some of the information listening in to the doctor's phone call.
Apparently Jay's car crashed into John, and Jay tried to save him before both cars exploded. Jay wasn't wearing a top when he was delivered so he ended up with second degree burns on his back, and John had them on his arms but not as bad. They both had concussions, but John hard internal bleeding and his left arm is broken.
They said his arm was an easy fix and all it needed was casting, but the internal bleeding was caught before any serious damage could occur. They were lucky that the hospital wasn't busy tonight and those two doctors that had just come in so they were able to be seen not too long after getting here.
I stared off out the window as I sat next to John's bed holding his hand. I shouldn't have said what I said. I wish I could take all of it back and just hung up like I was initially going to do... Maybe then he would've been paying better attention to the road, and he could've avoided Jay's car. But what if Jay would've hit someone else? Or a smashed into a tree and died? What if Jay did it on purpose?
Shaking my head I tried to clear my thoughts because they definitely weren't going to help the situation, not one bit. Looking down at Johns face, covered in scratches and bruises, I felt sad, but even though I was extremely worried I couldn't let myself get close. That's why I sat at the foot of the bed, with my elbows on my knees; because I wanted to make sure he was alright.
But that was all, it shouldn't be what I'm worried about right now, but he did cheat on me. And imp still firm on my decision to leave, but I couldn't just leave and he's in the hospital all alone. Well not alone technically...Jays here, but I'm not sure if John knew what happened or not and if they're even still friends.
I stood up and walked over towards the window my arms were crossed. I wonder what's going to happen now. I know I'm divorcing him, but I wonder will he go back to Miranda and they raise their children together? How will we co-parent if I am pregnant? I sighed.... "This is just too much" I said looking out into the city, watching a couple laugh and eat a meal together.
"I'm sorry I shouldn't have kissed you, but I couldn't stop myself... I was being stupid" I looked over and saw that Jay was awake, but John was still asleep.  I walked over and pulled the curtain to separate the two, and went and sat in the chair next to Jay's bed. "Yea that was kind of stupid... why did you do it? Did you just feel sorry for me?" I asked finally looking up a him, he looked so sad and bruised.
"I just... I couldn't...." he sighed and put his head down. After a while he finally pulled his head back up and was staring at me intently. "Sophia, I've known you since before you and John got married. When John introduced you to me after you guys first started dating, I knew it then.
You started coming around more often, but I knew you guys were going to end up being together for a long time and end up getting married" he said after a while. "You knew what?" I asked confused. "I knew that I was going to be in love with my best friend's wife..." he looked me straight in my eyes as he said it.
I didn't know what to say, as I felt my face heat up I looked away mentally scolding myself because I should've realized. I should've realized that's what he was going to say... so why did I ask? "I know you don't feel the same way, and you don't have to say anything I just needed to say it out loud. But I know you have a lot going on right now, you guys are working on having a baby soon.."
I looked up and shook my head no at him and he looked confused "No we're not" I said looking away towards the window again "we are actually getting a divorce" I said sternly. "Wait what? Over the abortion argument? Why would-...... is he divorcing you because we kissed?" he said looking at me apologetically.
"No jay not because of that at all, I'm sure we would've worked through that. But no, about five or ten minutes after you dropped me off he called me and I was apologizing to him for storming off at night, in the dark-" "yea Sophs that wasn't smart, you could've been hurt" he said interrupting me. "Yea I know, but he told me that he was with Miranda and that they...had had sex."
"Are you serious?" he said sounding pretty angry, I just nodded my head. Jay started to sit up, and I got up to help him I adjusted his pillow and pressed the button to raise his hospital bed. The sound seemed a little loud in the quiet room, I looked over to see if Jay was comfortable and just like before he was already looking at me.
I went to pull away but he grabbed my hand "Sophs..." his voice sounded kind of strained; please don't say anymore I don't know how to feel and I don't wanna do anything I'll regret because of what's already happened with John. "No... I can't, even though he hurt me... I just can't do that. I don't even, I-I don't..."
Just then the machine started going erratic, making different noises getting louder and louder. I jumped up because nurses started flooding in the room saying different code words, bringing in different medical tools. Everything started to blur, and I felt myself getting dizzy. What? What's happening? Why did the machines start going haywire? Was it something I said?
The nurses started to wheel the bed out of the room; he was starting to look like a science experiment with all of the tubes and machines he was hooked up to. I came to when I realized they had taken him out the room following suit, "where are you taking him? What's happened?" but no one answered me everyone was ignoring as they started rushing around.
"Will someone tell me WHAT'S HAPPENING!?" I practically yelled scaring a nurse who had ran into me trying to rush out of the room. "Ma'am please, I know you want answers for your husband and friend but we can't focus and do our jobs if you're stopping us to get answers. Someone will notify you as soon as they can the mayhem with the machines means things aren't going well. But please have faith in our team, we are doing our best" she rushed to say as she ran off still technically not answering my question.
I needed answers, but I was starting to get lightheaded so I also needed to get some food and water in my system. I asked the nurse how long it would be before someone came out and she told me, it could be an hour or maybe even a few hours.
I told her who I was waiting for and that I would be in his room when someone did come. I walked around the halls until I realized I had done a couple laps around the floor. And that my stomach growling had gotten deeper; my mouth was also dry.
I grabbed a drink and sandwich out the vending machines and I didn't realize it until someone asked me for a room number, but I was pacing in front of the waiting area. I sat down and pulled my feet up to my chest, closed my eyes and started thinking of when John and I first got together. How we'd go on simple dinner dates or movie dates, all the way until we'd host game nights with our Jay and the rest of our friends.

       ~~~
​Jay's POV

     I sat lying in my recovery room bed waiting for someone to come and give me information on what happened with John. Did he hear me confess my feelings to Sophs? Is that why his machines started going haywire? Where did she go anyway? Why hasn't she come back in yet? Did something happen? Was he going to die?
        "Sir I'm going to advise to you to please try to stay calm, I know you said that was your brother. But don't worry; the doctors are going to do what they can. But when he gets better you don't want him worrying about you, so please don't put any more stress and strain on your body.
You may have had a slight concussion but it's still something that needs to be monitored." The nurse said coming in and checking my machine and vitals, again. "Your right I'm sorry, I'm just worried"
          "I understand, just try to rest. A nurse will be in to change your gauze and pads, your starting to bleed out. Do you need more pain medicine?" she asked as she started to raise my bed up. Even though I had the medicine in me it was starting to wind down, my burns were getting more and more uncomfortable.
          "Yes please, it's starting to get uncomfortable and it feels like it's starting to itch." I said going to reach behind me, but she stopped me. "No don't I will have someone come right away to clean it and put the itching cream. You want it to heal properly, and not scab up. Try to hang in there for a few more minutes." Nodding my head I crossed my fingers in my lap as I watched her write some things down on my clipboard then leave.
          The nurses came and went but nobody could tell me anything about John's condition, still. I was starting to get worried again, when someone came in and said asked if there was a woman with me. "Yea my...my brother's wife I don't know if she went with him when he was taken out of the room. She was in shock and just walked off."
          The nurse nodded and said that they can send for a rollaway bed for her, that she had fallen asleep in the waiting area. But she had seen her walking around for the last couple of hours. "Yes please, can I go wake her?" the nurse looked torn like she knew she might get in trouble for letting me leave the room.
But I didn't care if she said yes or no. "Yes but let me get you a wheelchair, and if anyone asks you had to use the bathroom" she said before disappearing into the hall.
         When she came back, I sat myself up grateful for the morphine I had gotten for the pain. My back wasn't as irritated as before. She wheeled me out of the room and down the corridor to the waiting room.
There were a couple of people there; reading magazines, on their phones, or watching TV on the box in the corner of the room. Sophs was balled up in one of the big chairs to left side of waiting area.  "Could you give us a minute, I want to talk with her for a moment?" the nurse nodded and walked over to the vending machines.
        She had her feet pulled up and she was facing the back of the chair, her arms were in her sweater. She looked adorable. I wanted to kiss her again, but I knew now was not the time for that. Moving closer I rubbed her hair before gently shaking her trying to wake her easily and not scaring her.
"Sophia, come on wake up. The nurses are going to let you stay in the room until they can come give us information on John's condition." She made small moaning sounds, and snuggled back into the couch completely ignoring me.
"Sophs lets go, we're going to the room." I said a little more loudly. She turned, and looked around a little then jumped up. She must have been dreaming, maybe hoping all of this was a dream. Well I hope not ALL of it, but that's pushing it.
​"Where's john is he out yet? What did they say? Why did his machines start up?" she wasn't even giving me a chance to answer anything. She sat up completely and just stared at me, looking me over. "Jay are you...are you okay?" I didn't like that sad look in her eyes, and I wish someone would hurry the hell up and tell us John was just fine, but... these things take time.
​"Yea, I'm okay Sophs. Just got a burnt up back is all. They said it wasn't too bad mostly just my shoulder. I have to stay so they can monitor it and my head, I hit when we fell." She looked down then up to me after a while. She started to say something but the nurse came back. "Come on, we have to get back to the room. Your brother's back and the Dr would like to speak with you." She said smiling.
​"Johns okay?" Sophia said jumping up. She didn't even wait for an answer she practically ran back down to the room. "It's great to see a wife so worried about her husband. There aren't too many happy couples nowadays." The nurse said sighing, and she started pushing me back towards the room.
​ I don't know why but hearing the nurse say that made me feel guilty. Is it bad that I was kind of hoping for a life with Sophs? She's everything I've ever wanted in a woman. She's the only girl I've ever felt his way about.
But I guess that's just my fault, had I manned up and asked her out the first time I saw her. It would be me she'd be running down the hall to see about. Me. It would be me she'd be fussing over, crying over, and showing that beautiful smile too.
​Maybe it's time to let go, to get some distance. I need to get over it; I'm never going to be with the woman I love.

•••••
Oh man who doesn't like Jay now? How dare he be in love with his best mates girl ...
Let me know if your...
Team Jay?
Team John?
Team Sophia?
Team Miranda?