If only you can hear me

Centuries. That was how long I waited.

Years and years of nothing but waiting; awaiting the day when some semblance of a resolution would ease my pain – pain I blamed you for, Master.

Those centuries constantly tore my soul. Memories of you clashed in my mind, taunting me, while somehow easing my pain at the same time. I wanted to hate you, yet I could not erase the warm memories you and I made over the years. What was I to believe? You were my master, my mentor, and my friend. You were everything to me. But when you imprisoned me, I was certain that the person I revered the most had betrayed me. Should those warm memories of you and I be kept sacred, or should they be cast aside, just as you cast me aside on that horrid day?

I never forgot that day when the kingdoms' two armies clashed. Pokemon and people were covered in armor, each attacking their opponents without mercy. You and I rushed to the field, hoping to halt the battle before it reached Cameron Palace. And when we arrived, you did the unexpected…and to me, you did the unimaginable. You said you abandoned our queen, our home, and you forsook me. Before I realized my world spiraling out of control, I was locked away. I'm sure you never forgot it, either. The memory of you imprisoning me within your staff's crystal failed to fade over the centuries.

It haunted me incessantly. After being locked and alone for so long, there were days when I questioned my own sanity. All I could do was cling to one shred of hope that someday I would be freed.

Sometime, somehow, I felt a new sensation from deep within the aura wave; a tiny ripple from far, far away, which grew as the centuries passed. Oddly, the ripple reminded me of your aura's essence, which led me to believe we would meet again. Whenever that day came, I believed I would reach closure.

Instead, the day of my release only brought greater confusion. I found the source of that aura ripple, and I was so certain that it belonged to you. Alas, once I finally opened my eyes, you were nowhere to be found. A child met me, his aura so much like yours, yet also quite different. In fact, everything was nostalgic yet different.

I awoke in a world that was centuries older than ours. Much had changed. Cameron Palace still stood, but with a new queen who claimed our lady was her ancestor. Exactly how long had I been sealed inside your crystal? How could I still be alive? Was I even alive, or was this all a dream woven by a mind that disintegrated after eons of isolation?

Yet, that boy…there was something about him. He reminded me of you, and those revived memories were the only things fueling me. Maybe I was mad, but as long as I was outside of my shackles I still wanted answers for why you betrayed our kingdom and me. Yet, whenever I called you a traitor, people called you a hero!

Never before had I been so confused. You trained me to be focused and to never second-guess decisions, but how could I not have been bewildered? What was I to believe?

I hated you. For a short while, I even hated that boy. Through my eyes, the child was a substandard imitation of you. The dear relationship he had with his Pokemon disturbingly reminded me of how you and I once were. Salt was ground in my wounds whenever the boy mentioned his precious Pikachu. He was too young and naïve to realize that friendship isn't always eternal. Never before was his heart broken.

Time supposedly heals wounds, yet my wounds still stung after centuries of imprisonment. I wanted to move on. However, I also wanted the truth. Perhaps I was as ignorant as that boy. If it was no lie to call you a "hero," and if you truly did not intend to betray me, I wanted to know why. No matter how cruel and painful the truth could be, I wanted – needed – for my torment to finally end. It was imperative that I hear the truth within your own words: