Aftermath

Ash, Dawn and Brock proceeded down the path that would lead them closer to their goals and many more adventures that they would encounter during the rest of their journey. Unbeknownst to them they were being watched from a distant hilltop overhead.

Dialga stared down at the children below, from where he was standing they looked like just another group of young trainers, but he knew better. These children were not like other trainers of their age; these children had experienced adventure far beyond anything any other trainer had ever experienced. This was not the first time he had encountered that certain travelling group and he was certain that it probably wouldn't be the last. The boy especially seemed to be attracted to adventure and danger like a Venomoth to a flame. He was certainly a human favoured by many of the Legendaries, he had often heard of the famous Ash Ketchum from tales told by fellow Legendries but it was only recently that he had finally met the boy so often talked about during the rare occasions when he met with other Legendries. He had to admit that he was surprised to see how young the boy was let alone how ordinary he appeared. However he knew now that Ash Ketchum certainly wasn't an ordinary human.

"I thought you had returned back to your own dimension." Dialga momentarily froze at the sound of the Spatial Pokemon's silky voice before he quickly recomposed himself, hiding all surprise.

He then replied casually. "I thought the same of you."

Palkia walked over to where Dialga was standing so that she entered his line of vision. Like Dialga, Palkia was currently taking on the form of human transformation. Every Legendry had the ability to change their appearance so that they looked human. It was used as a way of blending in; however it was rare that any of them ever used this form as it left them as weak and vulnerable as the humans they excelled over.

To Dialga he always found that Palkia looked beautiful in her human transformation. It wasn't that she did not look attractive in her true form it was just that whenever he took on the form of a human his natural instincts seemed to fade away and emotions that were not the fiery anger that he normally felt became stronger leaving him confused to whether it really was just disdain he felt towards Palkia. He'd have to ask Mesprit about it later.

"I guess we were both wrong about each other." A smile formed on Palkia's face as she spoke causing Dialga's face to soften. "That seems to happen a lot."

Dialga looked confused. "What do you mean?" Instead of mocking him for not understanding like he thought she would Palkia just continued to smile, not a scornful smile but a gentle one.

"Remember when we had that silly battle because we both thought the other was trying to invade our territory when really it was just because Arceus was beginning to awaken." Dialga remembered that occasion very well and how badly things could have turned out if it hadn't been for Ash Ketchum and his friends. Dialga hung his head in shame and Palkia's smile slipped off her face. "We caused a lot of destruction."

Dialga seeing Palkia looking shamefaced tried to console his counterpart. He knew that although she tried not to show it Palkia was a caring creature and probably the most gentle out of the Dragon Trio even though her façade didn't often let it show.

"At least you stayed to undo the damage and put everything right, I just fled with my tail between my legs." Dialga looked away no longer being able to face her deep and meaningful crimson eyes.

"What could you have done? After all you are the Temporal Pokémon whilst I am the Spatial Pokémon I am the one who has power over space not you." Palkia spoke soothingly; she tentatively placed a hand on his arm. Diagla turned to look at her in surprise but she would not meet his eyes, a nervous blush formed on her face. His face softened and he smiled at her, enjoying the warmth and softness of her hand. "Besides you were the one who saved the day today, we would never have been able to change history without your control over time. You're a hero Dialga."