Happy Returns

Riley had no idea how the Pokemon egg got there. Actually, he knew exactly how it got there - his Lucario had been off womanizing (Pokemon-izing?) again, and had brought him the joyful results, again. This was one of the main reasons he had so many Pokemon in the first place: a lot of them were the results of his Lucario's not-so-secret trysts. As usual, he had no idea what Pokemon his steel anubis had managed to seduce this time...well, not until it hatched, anyway.

Egg-hatching was so tedious. Riley carried the egg with him at all times, always careful of how he walked with it. Every little unexpected bump made him nervous. Sometimes they were noises from within, and he would guess at what kind of Pokemon was inside the egg. More than anything, he just wanted the stupid thing to hurry up and hatch. Lucario, who usually followed him everywhere anyway, watched him especially closely, eager for the arrival of the latest offspring.

But finally the egg began to glow and crack, and he and all his Pokemon gathered around as the new Pokemon burst forth. It was a Riolu this time, clumsy but cherrful. So his Lucario had found another lady Lucario to be with this time around...

A few weeks passed. Riley had trained the Riolu to be another Lucario. Then he found another Pokemon egg placed on his pillow, with his original Lucario sitting proudly beside it.

Riley sighed. Here we go again...