His Blue Hat

I stood in front of the black entrance to the Iron Island cave. It was pretty foreboding, I would give it that. Of course, I also wasn't feeling too on top of the world either. I had just challenged Byron, the Canalave City gym leader the other day, and lost spectacularly. He had patted my head as if I were a little kid and told me to come back when I was older, and do some training in the meantime. I had pulled my hat down around my ears and stomped off to the nearest Pokemon Center to heal my team, then asked around to see if anyone knew a good place to train.

That was the chain of events that led me to where I was now, standing in front of the black entrance to the Iron Island cave. I squared my shoulders, puffed out my chest, and took a step inside. I was going to prove Byron wrong if it was the last thing I would do!

Immediately I was engulfed in darkness, and I saw little blinking lights in front of my eyes after being in the light for so long. I stood and swayed a little bit, letting my eyes adjust, then took off with a purpose down the staircase to my right.

I entered into a big, multi-leveled room that seemed to drop off at the end to my right. I cautiously edged my way around the floor, keeping one hand on my belt so I could whip out my Prinplup if I needed to. However, I made it around the floor without encountering any wild pokemon, and Prinplup remained unused. At the end of the floor, after slipping around a rusty oil drum, I fount myself facing a lift similar to the ones I had to use in Fantina's gym. Pleased with myself for making it that far, I stepped on and took the pleasant ride down.

Stepping off that, I suddenly felt a shift in pressure and air. It was slightly mustier, and my ears popped, meaning I was a fair distance under water by now. I shivered and wrapped my scarf a little tighter; I wasn't all that claustrophobic, but the fact that how many tons of water was pushing in on all sides of me was a slightly unnerving fact.

I was going to head off to my left this time, but something stopped me. To my right, I felt a bit of a dusty breeze wafting up the stairs, and I became a bit curious. Who ever heard of a breeze underground? Thinking back, it probably wasn't the smartest of ideas on my part, but I felt the need to check it out, so I detoured and followed the right staircase instead, opening up into an even bigger cavern than before!

This time, because of the size, small artificial lights had been put up on the high ceiling, so as to add a bit of brightness to the dull room. I looked around in amazement, listening intently to the noises of the wild pokemon around me. I could hear a few distinct calls of a few Graveler, but a few other noises as well. Maybe a Steelix?

Another breeze blew by me, and I quickly knocked my knees together and brought my hands down to prevent my skirt from flying up. I had to lift one hand to prevent my hat from blowing off too in the current, and stayed like that for a moment with my eyes shut as the breeze passed, so as to keep any dust and sand out of my eyes. When I opened them, something was lying on the floor at my feet. I knelt down to pick it up, then turned it over in my hands. It was a dark blue hat.

I turned it around, examining it carefully. One end was normal, as hats go, but the other end was spiky and oddly-shaped. A black band went around it, and the inside was made of black material as well. I raised an eyebrow at it. It looked almost like a pimp hat to me. I grinned at this idea, pulled my own hat off and replaced it with this one, and put my hands on my hips.

"'Ey baby, what's shakin'?" I said in an accent, similar to one I heard Damian use when he was pretending to be Prince Charming when we played Fairy Tale growing up. That kid was such a character. "How you doin'?"

I took a couple steps, slouching around in a circle with my thumbs hooked in my waistband, pretending they were pockets. I flashed a flirty grin from beneath the brim of the hat at a rock and winked, blowing a kiss over my shoulder when I turned away. "Catch'a later, baby."