Her pink skirt

Sequel of "His blue hat"

Three years. Three long years I waited since we met. But not a day passed when she didn't cross my mind. Her stunning smile, her irreplaceable talent, her remarkable confidence, and her burning blush. I can picture her now as vividly as the day I met her.

I was just being silly though, I thought. She and I had met for maybe three hours, tops. I would be lucky if she even remembered my name, if the off-chance came when we met again. In fact, I was willing to bet she'd forgotten that I would even be waiting for her when she became the Champion. I even made it a habit to check out who made it to the Champion of Sinnoh every month, to see if she was there. She never was. I stopped checking after a year and a half.

Even as I told myself this, I couldn't bring myself to leave the Battle Zone. Around the Battle Tower, I stayed in a house with this nice old woman who was renting it out to me. And while it was nice, I suddenly realized one day that I'd have to have my own place if she would ever come... so I went out and bought myself an apartment with the money I'd saved up from my wins in the Tower. Still, I never saw the one face I was looking for. Still, I waited.

I knew it was hopeless. I'd told myself a million times, as I fell asleep at night, that I'd call and turn in my two weeks notice and leave my apartment. And then I'd wake up in the morning and see the bright day, and a new ray of hope would change my mind instantly. It was an endless, torturous cycle.

And one day, I was able to break free.

It was a freezing morning when I woke up. Sinnoh, being the coldest of the four regions, was generally known for this kind of weather, especially in the winter. But today was different. Snow littered the ground up to the middle of my shins!

I was in a great mood at this. The snow lifted my spirits from the downers of convincing myself to move out last night. I changed my clothes appropriately to fit the weather this morning. My pants I tucked into a pair of black boots, and my jacket was changed to a thicker one, one that kept out the biting wind. I put on my hat, touching the brim once where her fingers had been on my old one, remembering. But I tried to keep my mood happy as I left my cozy little home and made my way over to the Battle Tower to start my morning routine.

And I stopped dead, right outside the glass doors. I cupped my hands around my eyes and peered in, hoping what I saw was real.

There was a girl standing at the counter, with one ankle crossed daintily behind the other as she leaned forward on the counter top, looking down at the receptionist in what I knew would be a curious stare. She wore a pair of bright pink boots, black socks that covered her knees, and a bright pink skirt. One that looked much shorter since the last time I saw it...

I quickly made my way inside and wrapped the navy scarf around my neck a bit tighter, then turned and lingered a ways behind the girl, just to make sure it was who I thought it was.

"I'm sorry, all our openings in the Battle Tower are booked for today." the receptionist, whom I knew was called Elissa, smiled. She was getting booked, now that it was vacation season. The girl sighed extremely loud.

"All right. Can I get a reservation for tomorrow?" she asked. Elissa the Receptionist smiled and nodded.

"We have one opening." she said. "Who should I book it for?"

"Dawn!" the girl said excitedly. My face split into an enormous grin. "Dawn and Riolu."

I released a heavy breath I hadn't realized I was holding. It was her! Three long years... and she was finally here!

"Got it." said Elissa, then turned to another customer. As Dawn bent to gather her stuff, I strode up behind her, straining my mind to think of a clever opening line, one she would remember on the spot. One that would make her turn that cute shade of bright pink once more.