14 - Vitoria is With Us

England

Vitoria had been gracious, she had granted the Ironcrawlers and their allies victory

Vitoria had been gracious, she had granted the Ironcrawlers and their allies victory. Asher was grateful, she continued to praise the goddess, every day since their triumph. Though, it seemed Ivar was not as happy about this. He didn't like that the Ironcrawlers worshipped another god. Though this god was not as horrible as the Christian god, it was still an awfully annoying entity.

Ivar had decided that he was tired of this "alliance". They had taken England and now these Ironcrawlers were no longer of any use to him. He was going to get rid of them for good. He had had enough of Asher's insolence and he wanted her to pay. He knew that she'd suspect him to outright confront her and perhaps openly declare war upon them. He knew that Asher was well aware of his dislike for her and her people, but she didn't seem to mind his temper and constant outbursts about her and 'her kind'. Though none of them were of any specific race or gender and the only way they were joined was by a mutual respect for one another and a pact to destroy all forces who had ever hurt or disrespected them in any way.

Ivar had yet to learn that such brotherhood couldn't be so easily broken. For example, bribing one of the Ironcrawlers to kill their beloved leader. So, foolishly, he did do that exactly, it ended in a bloodbath. For him to even fathom the idea, let alone speak it aloud was like asking to be killed. Fortunately for him, the Ironcrawler was killed but not before several of his men were lost to him and his vicious skill with an ax. Ivar knew that he needed a plan and a good one at that if he wanted to take down a group he had underestimated. He might have seen them in action and seen their strength, he was blinded by his hatred of them. He didn't fully understand the extent of their loyalty, but now that he knew, he was going to come up with a foolproof plan.

It took him several days before he finally came up with a scheme so hideously great that if he could, he would be bragging to all of his brothers. He knew that he had to keep this plan to himself and a few faithful, Ironcrawler hating, Vikings. He had collected four trusted individual's that he let in on the plan. He was going to make Asher fall in love with him and then he was going to get rid of her.

His plan was then put into action. He got to work at wooing Asher, not that it was going to be easy. The next several months were spent in the agonizingly slow process of Ivar earning Asher's respect and affection. He'd take her advice, something that caused him great pain. He found each of his attempts to win her over were ignored. Asher, to say the least, was weirded out by Ivar's new attitude. She was sure that something was wrong with him or he was planning something. But she also didn't want to just assume he couldn't change. She was confused and didn't know what to do or believe.

Little by little she began to loosen up around Ivar. Joking with him and dare I say flirting with him. Within the next six months, they had grown closer than ever before. Most of their time was spent together in joyful conversation. Asher was happier than she'd ever been, she felt full of life and free for once in her life. All this time she spent with Ivar was something that she could only classify as a dream. It was as if it couldn't be true. She only hoped that it would continue to be this great.