7 - New feeling

Mrs Lovett set up a tray and led her to the bedroom. He opened the door, and found him standing in the window, looking out. With eyes fixed on something. "he should certainly be lost in your reveries as always," she thought. Mrs Lovett caught his eye.

- Hi, honey, I brought you some coffee. - She said but he did not answer. - I thought you might be hungry. - She approached.

- I'm not hungry. - He answered dryly.

- But you do not eat anything since breakfast. Here, eat something. - She extends the tray to him.

- I DO NOT WANT, I already said! - He shouts and slaps his hand on the tray, making everything fall to the floor.

Mrs Lovett is stunned, frightened by such a reaction, after all, why did he do it? She did not do anything wrong, she was just being kind to him. She certainly should not have insisted.

Mrs. Lovett only had the reaction of lowering to try to clear the mess. He ended up breaking a cup, she thought about what Mrs. Margô would say about it.

Sweeney immediately regrets what she did, seeing her with a startled look on the floor fixing the mess. She did not say a word to him, just kept her head down, picking up the broken pieces of the cup.

Mr Todd, then decided to swallow the pride and apologize.

- I'm sorry for the rudeness, - he breathed. - I did not want to break anything.

Mrs Lovett, incredulous when she heard that he had apologized, she answered in a low voice, but enough for him to hear.

- Broken? my heart it's already - he said sadly with an immense desire to cry.

Sweeney swallowed dry at the words from his lips. He had not broken her heart just this once, but countless times. And only now could he see it.

Then he decided to bend down to help her.

- Let me do this. - He began to collect the broken shards as well.

- You do not have to do that,- she said without looking at him.

-Let me help you, - he stated and his hand went to the Saucer of the cup that was broken on the floor.

Coincidentally Mrs Lovett also took it and the two ended up touching their hands.

She then looked up at him, who did the same. When she looked into his eyes, he realized they were the most beautiful he had ever seen in the whole world, as beautiful as who they belonged to.

For an instant he did not think of Lucy's eyes, now his gaze was fixed on others, who were beautiful not only by color, but by the glow they emitted, reflecting within his soul.

Their faces were slowly approaching, and a kiss was about to happen, until someone knocked on the damn door.

Sweeney and Nellie were startled and the mood was totally broken by the sound of the door.

They both rose quickly in fright. Mrs Lovett swore in her mind that they had interfered with this moment, which might be the only time he would have approached her without being drunk. Then the two stared at each other, not knowing what to do. Then Mrs Lovett spoke first:

- Yeah, I ... I think ... It's better ... It's ... - She was so nervous she could not say ..

- Open the door - Sweeney complete ..

- Yes, the door.- She says with a silly smile on her lips, and then goes totally disappointed to answer the door.

It was Mrs Morel. She says she heard a noise and was worried, Mrs. Lovett thinks she stumbled and the cup fell to the floor. She also promises to pay for the loss of the broken cup. Mrs Morel told her not to worry that there would be no problem at all. And she warned that after an hour dinner would be ready. Mrs Lovett thanked her and said good-bye.