Three

Josh parked outside a house I didn't recognize. "Whose house is this?" I asked getting out of Josh's car.

"It's my friend Debby's house," he tells me. "I forgot that you've never met her, but you two could probably become really good friends by the end of the night."

(Alright I hear that fanfictions with Debby in it sometimes get rude comments so just Hakuna your tatas for this one, k? Alright, thanks.)

We walk to the backyard where everyone was. I saw a bunch of my friends that I felt like I haven't seen in forever. "(Y/n)!" Sarah and Brendon jump in front of Josh and me. "I feel like I haven't seen you in forever."

"Same, probably because I haven't left my house in forever," I joke.

--Time Skip--

Josh walked closer to the fire with Brendon. Sarah and I continued talking. "Hey, you two!" I hear Jenna shout. "Wanna have a midnight confession session?"

"A what?" I ask.

"A midnight confession session, it's exactly what it sounds like," Jenna smiles.

"Sharing secrets? Like what high school girls do at sleepovers?" Sarah asks.

"Yeah! It'll be fun. We'll feel young again," Jenna says. "Also I'm going to ask if Debby wants to join us. (Y/n) have you ever met Debby before?"

"No," I reply.

"I'll go get her and you can finally meet her," Jenna runs off.

"She seems happy," I say. "She must have something she really wants to tell us."

Sarah shrugs. "I hope she realizes that it's not even midnight."

We both stand there and wait for Jenna to come back with Debby. A midnight confession session? Maybe I could tell them...

Jenna comes back with Debby. "We should go inside," Jenna suggests.

The four of us walk inside and into the living room. It was a really nice house and a really nice living room. "I'll be right back," Debby says running into the kitchen.

"So her and Josh are friends? I wonder why I've never met her before," I say.

"The two used to date," Sarah tells me. "but I don't think that could be a reason why you two have never met."

Oh.

So I guess I'm not confessing anything important. I mean, it's not like their dating anymore, so what's wrong?

Debby walks back into the room. "Alright, hi I'm Debby," Debby says putting out her hand.

"Hi, I'm (Y/n)," I shake her hand and smile.

We began our 'midnight' confession session. I didn't have anything to confess anymore but I would feel bad if they all shared something and I didn't. "Okay, I'll go first!" Jenna cheers. "So, I really love Tyler!"

"Is that all?" Sarah asks.

"Yep."

"What a surprise," I laugh. "I never could have guessed that you loved your husband."

We all laugh. "Well, I have something to confess, too," Sarah smiles (like sarah doesn't care). "I love my husband."

I'm glad these aren't serious confessions. "This is making me realize how lonely I am," I say.

"Same," Debby laughs... A laugh that sounds like she's hiding a secret...

(Quality foreshadowing right there)

"Hey, do you have marshmallows?" someone shouts from the kitchen at Debby.

"If you throw a bonfire without marshmallows, then it's not a bonfire. Of course I have some!" Debby stands up and goes to the kitchen.

"That was a great confession session," Sarah says.

"Good talk!" Jenna stands up and runs outside. I laugh.

Sarah begins to stand up too but I stop her. "Wait," I say.

"Yeah?" She looks at me.

I stare at her blankly. I could tell her now and get it over with. I mean, she's married, she knows how to get and keep a man. I could get great advice if I just tell her. I look in the kitchen to see if there were still people in there. It was empty. "Okay, how do I explain this?" I sigh.

"Are you alright? You can tell me anything," Sarah says.

"IreallywantedtotellyouguysthatIhadacrushonJoshbutIcouldn'tbecauseDebbywasthereandIdidn'tknowsheusedtodateJosh-"

"Slow down, (Y/n), I can't help you if you don't speak English," Sarah laughs.

"Okay," I take a deep breath. "I wanted to tell you guys that I kind of like Josh, but I couldn't because Debby was there. I didn't know that they used to date and I just didn't know if it would make Debby mad or..."

"I doubt Debby would have gotten mad, but it's fine that you didn't tell her," Sarah replied. "I'm glad that you told me because I will gladly help you get your man."

"You can't tell anyone," I told her.

"I promise you I will not tell anyone," She smiles. "Now let's go outside and eat marshmallows."

I smile.