Six

"I think I'm gonna head home," Josh says, putting his empty plate in the sink. "Am I taking you home, (Y/n)?"

I look over at Sarah, who nods. "Yeah," I reply.

The two of us say goodbye to everyone and head to Josh's car. He starts the car and drives away. There is an awkward silence between us. He turns on the radio. I could tell that he noticed the silence too and that's why he turned on the radio. I turn my head and stare out the window.

--Time Skip--

Josh parked outside of my house. I got out of his car and he did the same. He walked me up to my house. I walk inside and stand at the door, facing Josh. I can do it. I can do it. I can do it.

I feel the heat rush to my face. Josh noticed that I was blushing. Oh god. He laughed, "What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing," I lie. I can't do it. I can't do it. I cannot do it.

But what do I have to lose, anyway? A friendship, yes, but what if there is a chance... Should I? "Well, I guess I should get going..." Josh turns around.

"Wait," I stop him. "Could you... uh... come inside?"

"Sure," He walks inside.

"Go sit in the living room," I tell him. "I'll be there in a bit."

Without questioning me, he walks into my living room and sits down. I grab my phone and quickly text Sarah.

You: SARAH

Sarah: WHAT?!?!?!

You: I'm about to tell Josh.

Sarah: YAS! GOOD LUCK!

I sit down next to Josh on my couch. If this doesn't work out, then I'm going to curl up in a ball and die.