Nine

I sat in my own home, alone. I really didn't know what to do. I would call a friend but I never liked calling people until they called me first. I'm scared they'll be busy and I'll bother them.

I get a text which stops my thoughts.

Sarah: Sooooo

Sarah: How did it go?

Oh no. I forgot to tell Sarah.

You: It went alright. It didn't end in a happily ever after though

Sarah: ???

You: Josh has a girlfriend already

Sarah: WHAT!?

Sarah: IM GOING TO ASK BRENDON IF HE KNEW

I set my phone down and wait for another text.

Sarah: HE DIDNT EVEN KNOW

You: Do you think Tyler knows?

Sarah: Brendon was going to ask him soon. I'll text you later.

You: okay.

I was really confused. What if Josh just told me he had a girlfriend because he didn't like me? Or what if it's Debby? No, it can't be her. It's almost impossible... right?

I shake the thoughts out of my head. I get a call from someone. I look at the caller, expecting it to be Sarah, but surprisingly it's not. It's my cousin, Riley. I haven't seen her in a really long time.

"Hey, Riley!" I answer happily.

"Hello (Y/n)! Gosh, it's been so long since I've heard your voice. You sound older," she tells me.

"The last time I talked to you was only five months ago," I laugh.

"People change quickly," she says. "Anyway, I'm in town for the family reunion and I was wondering if you wanted to get dinner with me tonight."

"Sure! Where at?" I ask.

"I didn't really think of that yet," she laughs. "It doesn't have to be any place fancy. I really just want to talk face to face for once."

"Same," I sigh. "What about Taco Bell?"

"Perfect!" Riley cheers. "I'll pick you up at 5:30, where's your house again?"

I tell her my address and she writes it down. "Sounds like a plan," Riley says. "Bye (Y/n)!"

"Bye Riley!"