Seven

What am I supposed to say to a person whose never showed me any signs that he loves me back? This isn't a good idea... Should I just send him a text while he's sitting right next to me? Should I use a pickup line?

Hey, are you wearing space pants? Your butt is looking out of this world.

Oh no, this is bad.

I sit there awkwardly staring at Josh. He stares right back at me. I laugh nervously. I can't just tell him 'Oh nevermind, you can go home' because that would just be weird.

Josh is an understanding person so if wanted to reject me, he'd do it nicely and forget about it... or something. And hey, if he does reject me I can just stay in my house for the rest of my life and never leave. What do I have to lose?

"So," Josh broke the silence. "What did you want to tell me?"

I take a deep breath.

"Um..." I begin. "W-well, I was wondering..."

"Yeah?" Josh says slowly.

"So let's say that I... liked someone," I began. "but I don't know if they like me back. Is it worth trying to ask them out?"

"It really depends on the person. Do you mind if I ask who it is?" Josh asks.

"Y-you."

"(Y/n)," Josh widens his eyes. "I have a girlfriend."

(This chapter was really short and I wrote it quickly so it's not the best. Drown was playing and everything was a mess.)