Chapter One - 50 Meter Dash

Thank you for choosing Lacrosse Star!

Here's our lovely cast

Joey King as Natalia Grey

Uriah Shelton as Zayne Stevens

______________________________________

"My Youth is yours,
Tripping on stars,
Sipping on waterfalls."

My name is Natalia Grey.

You'll hear millions of high school love stories in your lifetime. This one's my favorite. Because it's mine!

I was in my senior year, I was 18, had my dream car, I was on varsity Field Hockey, and my life seemed perfect to an outsider.

I couldn't walk down the hall without guys whistling at me. It was so annoying. To the point that I threatened one. That shut him up. Eventually.

Anyway, back to my love story!

I was in my senior year, good grades, proud parents. I'd been accepted into Duke University!

My dream school!

I got a field hockey scholarship there too, which was totally great. That is until I found out that my long time crush got a scholarship there too.

His name was Zayne Stevens.

At my school he was the lacrosse star. Everyone loved Zayne.

Girls would throw themselves at him only to get rejected. Whenever I was around him, I would pretend to be pissed so that he wouldn't get too cocky.

Of course, that's made me a pretty good actress. I swear, I've had a crush on him since I punched him in 7th grade! I know, I punched him.

We were joking around and I got aggressive and you know the rest.

Anyway! We had the same gym class so that was my chance to 'show off' I suppose. I never really rose to the occasion though.

I just took a back seat and watched all the girls hit on him and flirt. He didn't notice though.

I'd heard that he was in love with one girl. He'd loved her since 7th grade so I tried to stay away. But, somehow the universe always found away to put us together.

Like the 50 meter dash. That damn race! I always ended up going against him!

He was the fastest guy at the school and I was the fastest girl in the school. It was as if the world pre-destined it.

We always tied though. We were equal in that. It didn't matter how much I loved him though. I'm REALLY competitive so I tried to beat him every year. It never happened though.

I'd always ask the universe why. Maybe it was karma for never expressing my feelings towards him or something dumb like that.

How was I to know? I can't just walk up to him and say, "Hey! I punched you in Middle School! I love you!" It doesn't work like that.

Sadly.