Chapter Fourteen - Crash

"Trust me, that's the price of Beauty"

I sat up on the side of my bed. After stretching, I went downstairs to get food. I found that I was out of cereal. Ugh.

Time to go shopping.

I hopped into my car and drove to the nearest Wegmans. It was in a sir of plaza surrounded by restaurants and such.

Walk in I saw Linda and her mom. "Hey Linda!" I exclaimed happily.

Linda turned greeting me joyfully. "Nat!"

We chatted about our plans for the rest of the day until Linda finally mentioned. "I have a date with my boyfriend."

"What! Boyfriend? Why wasn't informed?" I exclaimed.

Linda's mom walked off to the fruit isle whilst we walked to the cereal isle.

"It's Jon. " She said sheepishly. I smirked. "My gosh Linda." I said sarcastically.

Linda's face fell. "Nat lets keep going." She saud looking in disgust behind us.

"What? Why would I-" I never finished that sentence. I turned to see out the store window Zayne and Kathryn sitting at a table in the cute little café across the street.

Zayne caught my eye. He looked shocked. Sad maybe. My heart hurt too much to know.

I turned on my heel, grabbed my cereal and went to the checkout.

Linda got in my car and came home with me.

I'm not a very emotional person in public but the second I walked into the door. I broke like a dam.

My phone exploded so out of frustration I threw it at the wall. It shattered causing me to cry more.

"I thought he was happy." I sobbed.

Linda shook her head cursing his name and using enough colorful language to paint a picture. She ranted all the bad things she would do to him.

That's why she's my best friend.

She ran to my garage and grabbed a baseball bat. And left the house.

I felt bad for Zayne. Needless to say he was going to need his lacrosse helmet.

 Needless to say he was going to need his lacrosse helmet